Moose Pump Fuel Screw

D_Fresh361

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First things first, this isn't something I will be doing or attempting in the near future. My pump is new and uninstalled so I would NEVER! This is strictly for learning purposes. If I had a truck that required more fuel; I'd buy a bigger Moose Pump! ;Really

So with that being said, would turning up the fuel screw on a Bull Moose deliver well, more fuel? Lol

Like turning or maxing out the fuel screw on a stock IP? Would you receive the same effects on a Bull Moose?

Would this destroy the pump or damage it in anyway?

Just looking for a little knowledge here. ;Poke

Thanks!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do know that they are calibrated, and any messin with it would void the warranty

D_Fresh361

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do know that they are calibrated, and any messin with it would void the warranty

Most definitely would expect that messing with the pump in any way would void any warranty. Say maybe 100k miles down the road?... ;Sweet

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
depends how much you drive, with the purchase of hastings filters, he gives you 2 years

D_Fresh361

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
depends how much you drive, with the purchase of hastings filters, he gives you 2 years

Wow, I had no idea that was the case! I've had my pump for almost a year now, still in the box. I know, -Lame

I ordered my injectors from Russ today actually. The Delphi BB Code's. I will be having them installed along with my Bull Moose and Head Studs. Then Russ will hopefully be rebuilding my turbo with the wheel mod.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and Head Studs. .

STOP STOP.
ok I am in line with the IP and sticks.
but head studs?
personally I would only attempt this when you feel the need to pull heads, get a valve job, and new headgaskets.

without the extra boost, I would wait till I could eat the entire enchilada

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel has told everyone his pumps are designed for best proformance they way you get them. They have fuel ramps for the fuel to be delivered at the rate needed and time needed. changing the fuel screw will increase delivery but why do this. But you are invited to do it just the same on your own dime I guess. Please talk with Mel BEFORE attempting any adjustments like this.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my bull moose is almost out of warranty.
after I buy another for my truck, I will be hotroddin it!:peelout

D_Fresh361

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
STOP STOP.
ok I am in line with the IP and sticks.
but head studs?
personally I would only attempt this when you feel the need to pull heads, get a valve job, and new headgaskets.

without the extra boost, I would wait till I could eat the entire enchilada

Waiting on the studs is something I've highly taken into consideration. I really just want it out of the way asap and for the peace of mind for when the times comes for more boost and more fuel. Which I can assure you WILL arrive. :rock:

I have the available funds and know someone I trust with the work. I've been waiting for over a year and half for this boat to sail. I have a pretty heavy foot to be honest and I have no idea how many miles are actually on the truck. (Odometer reads 90122)

Aside from that the truck has a horrible chuff that comes and goes and have read that it could be valve issues. Maybe something as simple as injectors or IP also though...

Said person who will be doing the work has studded IDI's in the past, 7.3's. he just finished a 6.4. Ford's are his life and that is absolutely no exaggeration of speech. :drunk:

He holds is own sled pull every year in my hometown. He's big into restoring the old JD, IH, Case, Masey, etc tractors..

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've wondered the same thing if I could turn my 90cc r and d pump up in the future, maybe I'll call and ask sometime if I should require more fuel I the future

D_Fresh361

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my bull moose is almost out of warranty.
after I buy another for my truck, I will be hotroddin it!:peelout

Lemme know how that works out for you! :Thumbs Up

Mel has told everyone his pumps are designed for best proformance they way you get them. They have fuel ramps for the fuel to be delivered at the rate needed and time needed. changing the fuel screw will increase delivery but why do this. But you are invited to do it just the same on your own dime I guess. Please talk with Mel BEFORE attempting any adjustments like this.

This isn't something I will be doing any time soon if ever but I would be sure to communicate with Mel first.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
refer to CDI, but I do know that my bull moose was calibrated to 105cc's @ 5 psi

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At what rpm is it 105cc? Is it basically the same as my r and d 90cc? My max output is 108cc at 1000 rpm I believe it says on my paper somewhere the calibration on it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online