Might be selling The Crossbreed

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
A guy is coming to look at it this evening. I haven't driven it all winter, or mounted the plow, since I first moved to Hays. I get the feeling he's going to try and steal it from me. Little does he know, that I'll part it out, and use the Cummins in my new toy. It seems I've ended up with a Kaiser deuce, which will be getting some modification.

If he doesn't take it, I figured I'd throw an ad on craigslist, and here in the marketplace.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
He's got big wood for it. Just not sure he can fly it by his wife. I was amazed that he didn't even balk at my asking price. I mean, we are talking about a 20 year old, half million mile motor. Honestly, it is worth more by the piece, than as is.
The upside is, he didn't even want my hydraulics or plow. We might even swap flatbeds, so I don't have to dismount the exhaust, taillights, etc. His big demand was that the 6" stack stay on the truck.

If he can't swing it, I'll figure out what the parts are worth, to me, and go from there.

What? You look'n for a new toy?

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Guess I can't hang out here, anymore.

Went by his house last weekend, to check out the flatbed. Ended up making a deal, so......

The Crossbreed is sold. I am soon to be diesel-less.

Pulled the plow, stinger & lightbar, on Sunday afternoon. Sometime next week, I'll get it cleaned out, for delivery. Got a run to KC MO, tomorrow. Thursday through Saturday, going to Swap Meet in Wichita.

Didn't get exactly what I wanted in cash, but got the flatbed & a 10k Garwood winch.