Members map

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will this become a stickey or something for our forum? It would be nice to be able to see if there are people nearby.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will be a good tool to help folks who live near each other get together. All OB members are welcome to post to it. Thanks to David Lee for setting it up.

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are welcome, but its actually David Hinze. Middle names were invented so that we would know when we are in trouble, so David Lee is what I hear most often. LOL

I have reset the center on the map to incorporate all of North America. If there are any other set up suggestions, like zoom level, let me know.

Thanks,
David

Popeye2347

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i made a donation to make it a sponsored map. now there should be fewer adds and editing should be possible.

HELP!!!! Whatever I done was wrong. I wanted to include my cell number but it did not show up, and now I am unable to edit the information. [...'call me'...].and no number!.....

I even tried to delete it and start over, but couldn't even do that:dunno.......

TIA

Greg

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am still administrator of the map. i will have a look and delete it so you can start over if there is a problem.

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if anyone has a problem with their pin on the map, let me know. i can edit your information. if you want to add or remove information just send me a PM and i will take care of it.

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
found this

I've been thinking along the same lines for another forum I visit.

Read the "Collaborating with others" portion of these instructions.

http://maps.google.com/support/bin/...e=21670&topic=21676&answer=144365#collaborate

This may give everyone the ability to edit/ move pins and add much more to the map, like adding lines for directions, cruise sites, off road sites, favorite drive, race track, etc.

Good luck and yes I'm on there.

LCjeff

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only real problem i can see with allowing everyone to be able to edit this map is that it would be possible for someone to accidentally or intentionally edit or delete other's pins. it might be a better idea to start a second that could be used for the trails, race tracks, cruise routes, get togethers...ect. by keeping two maps, it would keep the members map from getting over crowded with stuff.

i will start on the second map and post back when i have it the way i like it. once setup is complete, i will make it available to everyone. let me know if you have any suggestions for setup

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as it turns out, the type of map you(leftcoastjeff) are talking about is a different type of map than the kind currently in use. its not a problem, it will simply take a few extra steps to create. i will post back when it is finished.

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it has been created and is ready for people to add to it. it is in the GoogleMaps format which is different from the first map that was created in that you can create routes and a whole host of other fun stuff. i wasnt able to set it up in a way that would allow me to post a link here, but i am pretty sure it can be done, and i will keep looking into it untill i get a definate answer. for now though, you will need to be invited to edit the map. just shoot me a PM with your email address and i will send you an invite.