Lowering 89 f350?

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its good, there not cheap.
if there cheap, there not good.

It's all relative...what I mean by cheap are the kind that you just pump up with a compressor or something, not needing on board air. When I typed that I did not mean "show me $5 air bags". I have never researched air bags before so I don't really know where to look for different types. I have been googling them and most of what I see are firestone bags.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these are what i use.
http://www.theslamstore.com/product_p/ssf6-6.htm
there overkill for ride adjustment, but they have separate chambers unlike the firestone bags.
you can plumb it to a schrader valve, but i would suggest you get onboard air.
flipping a switch is easier than finding a gas station to fill them up while your on the freeway.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked the Air-Lift products much better than Firestone when I was in the RV service business. Very accomodating company.

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked the Air-Lift products much better than Firestone when I was in the RV service business. Very accomodating company.

Okay, I will check into them too. I noticed E-trailer also sells a kit that is made by air lift. Similar price as the firestone kit.

Blackascoal

Reaction score
I searched and did not really see anything here. Has any one lowered their truck? I am considering this kit http://djmsuspension.com/product-category/ford-f350-8798-kit/ . I have an 89 f350 dually 2wd. I have always loved the look of a lowered dually but I am worried I will kill my towing capacity. Does any one have experience with this? If I am pulling my car trailer with a car on it will the rear be sitting on the bump stops the whole time? I contacted the company and they are not giving me a direct answer.

Did you ever end up getting that DJM kit? Is so, how do you like it? Is it working out with your car carrier? I've got a 94 dually and am considering it but I too am worried about load carrying capabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever end up getting that DJM kit? Is so, how do you like it? Is it working out with your car carrier? I've got a 94 dually and am considering it but I too am worried about load carrying capabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't. My wife and I ended up having another child, so I needed to get a larger suv, so I bought a Nissan Armada for the family and to tow with. So I sold the f350. I am guessing it would have worked out fine, but I was also planning on putting air bags in the rear just to help out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FordLTDiesel

Members online