Lots of blue smoke

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pay no attention to the sig, i never changed it, i used to have an idi, sold it a while ago, also i was already in this tank and i flushed the fuel lines, i cleaned the fuel bowl, regulator, and i did put a new mechanical fuel pump on it while i had the bowl out, cleaned the fpr screen, the pickup in the tank, also this truck has a plastic tank, not a steel one, all of the rotted fuel lines have been replaced, the fuel system on this truck is clean, and yes the y intake or what ever it is called was removed so the turbo was not connected and ran as a n/a engine, i did run it today and ran it pretty hard, the smoke did clear up allot from what it was, i also added more fresh diesel, so might just needing to burn that crap out, i am going to run it again either later today or tomorrow and see if it keeps getting better

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
ATF doesn't seem to do much in these trucks. Especially not with just one quart.
Get some of this. http://www.hotshotsecret.com
Either the extreme, or get the extreme and the stiction eliminator. Both work well.
And yeah, these trucks hate sitting/being babied.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does that look more like incomplete fuel burn (white) than burning lube oil (blue)?

One way to help distinguish - step out there while it's smokin', as near the smoke as you dare, and if it burns your eyes, it's unburned/underburned fuel.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that to at first, and it is hard to tell in the video but it is blue, and I have heard about sticktion eliminator before I'll try that to, can't hurt

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That's why I started out saying glowplugs.
Likely to be a sticky injector. Which is why it goes away when warm.
Sometimes you can test that theory by using the block heater. But that doesn't specify between GPS or sticking injector solenoids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sunco with mass quantity's of 2 stroke, youre golden LOL