Looking at a new truck

onebadiditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I've found a 2004 f250 with the 6.0psd. It's had larger fuel lines installed, egr deleted all done by the previous previous owner. This guy isn't sure if it's been studded. It's only got 109k. What's the purpose of larger fuel lines? What else should I ask about it or look for. Thanks.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same truck/engine conbo with almost the same miles. I do not have head studs and I never ran a tuner. I did have to change the boats on the inter-cooler - they were starting to show wear and cracking. Mine has been a good truck with only the normal things like the FICM I replaced at 90,000 miles. Other than than it has been a great truck! Good Luck!

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
larger fuel lines are probably from someone who either had hopped it up and since removed the parts or was planning to hop it up (big power = more air + more fuel)

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Same as with the idi. (Kinda goes for any engine)
Look and see if it's a bolt, or nut and stud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

FordGuy100

Reaction score
You want to see a cold start (as cold as it is there LOL), ie no running for at least 12+ hours, and not plugged in. You also need to see what the coolant/oil temp temperature difference (delta) are. Anything more than 15* once fully warmed up, you need an oil cooler. You dont need studs, but I would use that as a haggling point if it doesn't

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You want to see a cold start (as cold as it is there LOL), ie no running for at least 12+ hours, and not plugged in. You also need to see what the coolant/oil temp temperature difference (delta) are. Anything more than 15* once fully warmed up, you need an oil cooler. You dont need studs, but I would use that as a haggling point if it doesn't

The coolant to oil temp delta is very important in regards to the oil cooler. If you see a number bigger than 15 degrees, and you aren't ready to do some pretty invasive repair with some relatively expensive parts, think pretty long and hard about buying it as bulletproofing a 6 liter will dwarf the cost of fixing almost anything on your IDI.

Good luck