Looked at a 6.0 today. Had a problem that seemed strange.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
So, when I I was getting off the interstate heading home with it, I decided to push the needle a little too far. Gauge said I still had 20 to empty....when I took the sharp turn and hard braking at exit 125, she stalled out. Took some cranking before it would start back too... oops.

Good thing it wasn't a 6.0. That little oops can cost you a set of injectors. To the point, on the later 6.0's Ford put in the PCM, if you get extremely low on fuel, the PCM will cause the truck to run rough, to get you attention and get you to look at the gauges.

Congratulations on the new truck. I hope you enjoy it for years to come. As much as I like the IDI era trucks, the Super Duty Excursion is really nice for road trips.......

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good thing it wasn't a 6.0. That little oops can cost you a set of injectors. To the point, on the later 6.0's Ford put in the PCM, if you get extremely low on fuel, the PCM will cause the truck to run rough, to get you attention and get you to look at the gauges.

Congratulations on the new truck. I hope you enjoy it for years to come. As much as I like the IDI era trucks, the Super Duty Excursion is really nice for road trips.......

Yep, definitely a learning experience on not trusting the miles to empty readout!

I put 1500 pounds of thinset in the bed today and the suspension only went down about an inch. 1 ton suspension is nice in my business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.