Latest flash

Max Power

Reaction score
What is the lastest flash for the 6.0L and how well is it working? Are all your problems fixed? Any new problems created?

architect-builder

Reaction score
Took my 03 in for the 30,000 mile doctor visit, transmittion solenoid replacement and the battery stud recall, (sucks running without the edge for 2 weeks).

They claim they did not flash mine, but I know they did. (They never have put any stickers on).

The reason I know they did is because some issues caused by the last flash, are not there anymore.

After the last one, the tow haul was basically obliterated. Also, I have the 03 turbo, DPPI turboback duals and no cat, (allergic). The controls for the turbo were changed before because it did not sound the same, and did not perform the same. Kinda hard to explain, but when it used to kick up to the high idle, you could not stand behind it. after the last flash, the turbo was barely noticable at idle or high idle. Plus, a lot of the lag that the exhaust got rid of was back.

Well now it's back to the way it was. Loud at idle, and most lag gone:D

Also, my tow haul is working much better. It does not hold the gears so long when excellerating (sp), and down-shifts are smoother.

Dieselman's page does not show any new ones since June 28th for your 04. Here is his page in case you don't have it, (scroll down to the 04). He may just not be updating anymore.

I'm sure someone will come along who knows more about them. I have not got my paperwork yet, when I do, i'll get the number off it.

Barrett

Last edited:

Puddle Pirate

Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
I had the one flash (Dec 03?) done to correct idle surge. My KR dually is an 04, but the engine is late 03. As I have had Zero problems with it and the tow/haul works great, I figure why mess with it and flash to less performance. Please correct me if I am wrong here, folks, but from what little I have heard, many people are not happy with the subsequent flashes that have been done to their trucks.

So, my basic philosophy has become "If it works, don't fix it."

That said, if anyone knows of any subsequent flashes that have improved performance, please speak up.

Thanks

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not read of any improving performance, just gas mileage.... But Im not sure if that is by request only????