Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lift Pump

• Other

• Total voters

ReticulateSplines

Reaction score
Live north of Austin, TX and its just now getting what I call "cold" and going to be doing some work to this truck soon.

1993 7.3idi, F250 XL extra cab, E4OD trans

The truck was what I wanted to buy before I got the Ranger I used to drive (got rear-ended/totaled) and I wish I had done so! This truck is more comfortable, capable and fun to drive plus gets equal to or better mileage depending on idle time and what I am hauling.

The truck was what I could find/afford at the time and I always debate getting a different rig but I will be keeping this one so I am ready to dig in. I have already done some work such as new radiator and coolant/SCAs, alternator, batteries, oil/filter change (almost due for another) and added Trans/water temp gauges (have Pyro just not installed yet).

Next week I am off work and plan on getting a minimum of GPs replaced and fuel filter/water separator. Debating Injectors, IP, lift pump bc of hard starts and a recently developed fuel leak on top of engine.

Also just the last 2 weeks my transmission has been acting funny. I already changed and dialed in the FIPL sensor. When I put my blinker on at highway speeds the RPM blips. It also sort of acts like it slips sometimes, shifts super hard other times. I had a leaking Trans cooler line so I swapped them both and installed a new/larger cooler and put appropriate amount of fluid back in. I was told in the last 100k (or less) miles that the Transmission was rebuilt. I have some notes from a PO on service done but unsure of Trans.

This thing was running great when I got it, slowly starting to have some minor issues, and with it getting cold I refuse to drive it to work because of how hard the starts are after sitting in the parking lot all day, not plugged in. Starts/idles superb in the AM after being plugged in over night =)