Just bought y first 6.0 loved my 7.3

TOPHER1

Reaction score
Hi everyone just getting my first 6.0 and hope all goes well with all the reading I have done about the 6.0 woes.. Mine is 2004 Lariat with 55,000 miles egr delete and 4 inch turbo back exhaust with a very good maintenance history. All fluides documented turbo replaces under warranty dealer also turned the truck down, then the diesel tech advised PO to do EGR and exhaust and Diesel tech also he put a tuner on it(at his home shop) turned up a little to get it back to what the truck should be from the factory.
Will be doing more reading to keep it going and running strong. It will be used a daily commuter and race car hauler.

Thanks
Chris (AKA TOPHER)

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya we can't turn power levels up or down with factory scan tools, the only thing we can do is update to newer factory software.

Chase

TOPHER1

Reaction score
Ok well they may not have turned the power level down but what ever the deal did to it under a recall notice it was way under powered so tuner was added no it runs great.

thanks
Chris

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of the factory reflashes affected power level. A recall on an 04 was probably for elimination of using ebp, those early ones now use an inferred exhaust pressure reading. They also had a customer satisfaction thing for us to test drive, verify no driveability issues and reflash to the latest level.
Be careful towing with a tuner, alot of head gasket issues happen that way.

Chase

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The "incomplete" / C&C weren't detuned?
I thought I read something that you have to have them reflashed after getting a bed put on, to bring the power back up.
Or was that a different generation truck?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.7's are the first to be detuned a bunch, they are 300hp (chassis cab or narrow frame) vs. 400hp for wide frame (pickup box trucks). IIRC some of the 6.4 trucks were like 25 or 50 detuned.