Junkyard Score!!!

tximport

Reaction score
Subscribing here even though yer bout done. Well other than stuffing it in your truck.
Wish I would have found this a few weeks back I was up in your neck of the woods picking up an avil from a guy over by longview I could of stopped by and given you a hand if you needed.
Seems like I seen somewhere where a guy built a home made pop tester for injectors I'll dig around and see what I can find.
It was either here or over on The Diesel Stop

FordGuy100

Reaction score
you did time the gear right justin?

Never had the gear off.

Pump is attached the the gear. I loosened the pump to where it mounts, not where it is attached to the gear, so in theory the pump could have twisted which would effect timing, but not the gear.

bockhold

Diesel Addict
Reaction score
well i ment gear lining up to the other timing marks on the other gear.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Never had the gear off.

Pump is attached the the gear. I loosened the pump to where it mounts, not where it is attached to the gear, so in theory the pump could have twisted which would effect timing, but not the gear.

loosening the 3 nuts that hold the pump to the case and moving it will not cause what is in the video. There is not enough timing adjustment to make this happen. If you look at the only nut and ear of the pump you can see you will notice a punch mark on both the case as well as the pump ear. Line those up and you will be more than close enough for her to run healthy.

it is possible that the key on the shaft let go and caused the pump and or the gear to shift out of time. But the pump shaft is a tapper and the Ppumps dont even have a key. They are just a taper fit to the gear

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I think it's safe to assume it's an injector. Will post a video but it sure seems like the white smoke hits in certain cylinders.

I know this guy who is going to be looking at my injectors this upcoming week.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Justin, that engine is obviously junk. I'll come take it off your hands so you don't waste any more money on it. ;Poke LOL:rotflmao:rotflmao:angel:
J/k man! Hope it is just an injector.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Almost got it running 100% Still have some tinkering to get it just right.

Found a nice first gen dodge to swap it into. Working out the details right now.

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking rig! Does it have a Cummins in it already?

There is a 92 W350 Cummins 5speed (getrag i assume) 4x4 feed truck for sale down the road from me, body is solid and straight but the paint is faded or gone and let way to surface rust. Havent really stopped to look but i am tempted...

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yes its has a cummins. An old guy driving it somehow ran it out of oil and it locked up. Still havent been able to look at it but I'm going to try this next week.

It would be awesome in a SD, but to much $$$$

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought you were going to put it in your red Ford? I'm guessing I missed something, so forgive me for a repeat question, but what changed your mind?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Mullah $$$

With news of mini-me, I need to unload the cummins. 12v cummins are fairly plentiful and inexpensive down here. Really the best bet is for me to buy that first gen (for cheap), put mine in it, and then turn around and sell it. I should be able to make a nice profit off of it as well.