Junkyard Score!!!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
My buddy an I just went to the pick and pull. I have to go to work so I had to leave, but jarrods pulling a motor...

We went half and half on a 91 cummins.....for the price of.....400$ ;Sweet

and it's complete, minus tranny but oh well. Front Clip was gone so he has some motor mounts and it's out.

We decided if one of us want to keep it we will pay the other their price plus some. Or if we sell it split the profit.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
any chance you guys took the electrical plug that plugs into the fuel heater? just wondering

FordGuy100

Reaction score
VE pumps although they cant make as much power, have great torque curves, and offer great fuel economy.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've also heard with a little work you can convert to a P7100 pump, but I imagine that bill without a core might be pretty hard to swallow. My friend has at least one of the really old Cummins (89- early 90s with the VE pump) and swears he has gotten some unbelievable fuel economy for a 3/4 ton with that truck.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Plans so far include the following.

Checking compression. So reinstall the starter. Supposidly it turns over, thats what Jarrod says. We shall see. If it does have good compression, and turns over well, we might feed it some diesel.

After that, its a complete head gasket kit. Just for the sake of mind, and the motor is on the ground so might as well. Along with front/rear main seals, and Killer dowel pin kit.

After that, time will only tell. We are going to take it slow, keep it at $100 a month.

bockhold

Diesel Addict
Reaction score
any chance you guys took the electrical plug that plugs into the fuel heater? just wondering

Uhhhh. I would have to look into that. Its gonna need a new engine harness or repair this one since it has been cut.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
I've also heard with a little work you can convert to a P7100 pump, but I imagine that bill without a core might be pretty hard to swallow. My friend has at least one of the really old Cummins (89- early 90s with the VE pump) and swears he has gotten some unbelievable fuel economy for a 3/4 ton with that truck.

From what i have read there are a few people that have made about 500 HP with a VE pump. A P-pump conversion will consist of the pump itself, the entire front timing cover and the timing gear. Also all the hard lines. Other than that its straight forward. O and bring your wallet. those things are a pretty chunk of change. With a fuel pin some injectors and some good timing you can make some great power out of a cummins. You will also need to upgrade to an electronic lift pump. the mechanical lift pump will not keep up with the demands of a high power motor by any means. The stock torque converter from what i read is good for about 300hp. after that its time for an ATS model or equal.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't intentionally have a Dodge auto trans. I hate autos generally, and Ford guys can't really brag too much..... but a Getrag from the Dodge or a ZF or T18/19 from a Ford should hold up to some serious power. Yeah I imagine the P-Pump by itself with no core is probably 3000 bucks. Am I too high or too low?

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
A little high. Reman p7100 pump is about 1000 plus core. New pump is around 2000 plus core. From some that I've seen core charges can be any where from 800-1500.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
93 Farm Truck

Staff online