Its cold, and I got the ROMPS

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
28 degrees, i got a little romp... I hope this thng is not making its own oil... does not look or smell like it?

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like ford over filled me... The oil is just at the part of whee the plastic meets the wire... It looks to me that it is a 1/4 inch overfull.. maybe 3/8ths.... I wonder if thats causing the romps.....

And my fumoto is not installed, since I have yet to change oil yet.... GGGRRRR

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have your Fumoto in hand? Prolly time to drop the oil and send some to Blackstone and screw the Fumoto in huh?

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah... I was looking at it and thinking... HHHRRRMMM.... how can I get this in, and only drop the amount of oil I need to get rid of..... But, the right answer is to do the oil change.... But my syn oil is not in yet..... So, maybe this weekend...

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rcannon
Less than 1000 miles on your truck and you wanna change oil?
Isn't there a break-in oil in there and a recommended change interval?

Its over full... Thats why I needed to dump it... But I got out the boat oil pump and pumped out a quart... Now it is right at the max line... we will see what happens....

The oil I pumped out looks like brand new.... And not a sign of Diesel....

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The romps have been gone so far... Its in the garage in the morn.. abot 45 in there... But after work, is whenits bad.. Since the oil is down it is much better.... Still pufs some blue/black smoke... but does not romp!

I have yet to get the syn oil in.. I am going with rotella t 5w40... mostly due to price, and I have always used the normal rotella....15w40...

I will keep yall updated....

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its in the garage in the morn... 45 degrees.. On the way home it was 25-28? It started OK.. not great... smokes much more than I am used to, But the syn came in today.... I will do a change in 2 weeks and see if it helps...

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your oil doesn't come in go down to Walmart. They carry Rotella 5W-40 Synthetic oil and Motorcraft filters for the 6.0. The other thing changing to 5W-40 Synthetic did was make the engine quieter at idle. Send Blackstone a sample when you cange the oil. Keith

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks KT, I actually ordered 12 cases from wally world... they only stock 3... duh....

I just dont want to dump that oil until at least 1500...

40 miles to go..

20 degrees and some small romps.... nothng like before... this week will tell.. then I will change oil and it will warm up..LOL

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had my truck in for inspection the tech never looked at the work oredr and replaced my synthetic oil with 10W-30 dino oil. I knew something was wrong as soon as I started the truck. It was louder than before. I looked at the bill and when i to the service writer to complain. They missed upbut didn't charge me for the oil change. I told the service writer I wanted the oil replaced with what was in the truck when I brought it there. He told me to go get the oil I want put in and they will replace the oil that is in the truck with the synthetic and reimburse me for the price of oil. The best thing is my best friend works at the dealer. He caught the tech just about ready to get in my truck with grunny hands and told him if he even thinks about it he was going to get punched out. The yech washed his hands and another tech saw him and told my friend that it was the first time he ever saw him with white hands. Keith

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I'm scared of ruining a good thing, I've never had my truck reflashed for the romps.
My truck would romp if the weather report called for cold, but all of that changed when I started to use synthetic oil.
It totally and completely cured the romps..