IP

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
how many of you guys are still running your original I.P.'s?
i have not quite 187,000 on mine and it apears to original,juging by the color of the pump and the yellow paint marks on the covers,not to mention the paint on injection lines is not disturbed yet(yet :D ).just wondered.

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
236k miles on my OE unit. new injectors a few months back woke her up, but an IP may be in the near future as an anniversary gift (closing in on 8 years now).

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are great service lives. Not many are that fortunate. I'm on my third pump at only 108K.

mocetane

Reaction score
I have 190,000 on orig. IP..
Does not run well at the moment.
Replacing the LP and FSV this weekend. Know they are BAD.

Last edited:

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
As far as I know mine is original with 140K on it. I don't know if the PO used fuel additive but he must have to live this long I'm guessing. I use Power Service, Diesel Kleen or Stanadyne with every fill up.

Speaking of Diesel Kleen, when I bought my jug here a while back it mentioned a lubricant additive called "Slick Diesel." Anyone know anything about it?

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
troutwest66 said:
As far as I know mine is original with 140K on it. I don't know if the PO used fuel additive but he must have to live this long I'm guessing. I use Power Service, Diesel Kleen or Stanadyne with every fill up.

Speaking of Diesel Kleen, when I bought my jug here a while back it mentioned a lubricant additive called "Slick Diesel." Anyone know anything about it?

ive got 291,000 on my truck and i've never put an IP in it... :thumbsup: only owned it for the last 15K though ;p

dave85

Reaction score
Agnem said:
Those are great service lives. Not many are that fortunate. I'm on my third pump at only 108K.

Might be like the Granma's Falcon, not driven enough. I've offered before to help you with this.
Dave

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dave85 said:
Might be like the Granma's Falcon, not driven enough. I've offered before to help you with this.
Dave

LOL :backoff