IP to TPMS Mount

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in the process of installing a my new BB injectors and Moose pump and things were going perfectly until I went to take the small pice on the IP to connect the TPS to it. The Torx screw inside it broke off and now I cant get it off. Im going to try drilling it outm but I dont know what damamge Ill do in the process. You can see what Im talking about in this pic.
You must be registered for see images

I doubt it, but is this piece available somehere?

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
BETTER PICS. are you talking about the plate that bolts to the IP then the TPS bolts to that?

thats the only spot torx bits are. that thing your pointing at is held on by 2 allens

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its what Ive got the screw driver on. Held on with two torx hits. You can see the first one is out, but the ont right on top is stuck in there, with the shiny bit stuck in it.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd try drilling it. If you need one I might have one off in my toolbox. Let me know.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Those are very difficult to find anywhere. You might try any injection pump repair shop. Sometimes the pumps come in with them still on the shafts and the shops don't need them but save them anyway. I'm betting Mel at conestoga Diesel will have them because of the volume work on these DB2 pumps they do there. Please notice how that fitting connects to the pump ahsft and install it the same way on the new pump. If you don't it will destroy the tps switch because it turns the switch too far past the stops. I have "collected" several of these drivers over the years but I'm on the west coast fram from you. I see others have offered some help closer to you. You might try a wrecking yard too. Those are not torque screws either . they are allen screws and a very small size at that. I do not feel drilling out the broken torque driver head and the allen screw is going to work. Things will move way too much and the threads probably will be ruined requireing another driver. Maybe some heat and some aerokroil will help loosen it up.