IP throttle assy schematic anywhere?

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So put IP in, waaaay easier to install than take out... never had that problem before! ;Sweet

If you all remembered, there was concern over the throttle assy being different between the new and old IP's.

The cold idle is hitting the throttle assy in the retracted position, on the return spring bar, and the return spring now rides on the lower/under portion of the cold idle case.

Add to this, the throttle assy is pretty cheezy in comparison to the old one.

Anyone think there's be a problem swapping over assy's? I'm assuming the IP must be pulled apart- possible C-clips inside holding rod in place as well as tangs controlling the inside linkages.

Looking for a DB2 schematic, can't seem to find one.

Here's some pics of problems:
You must be registered for see images attach

BTW- the injectors and return line kit Typ4 sold me is perfect. The return lines themselves are the same as on my Mercedes.... best stuff ever! The new line clips included are red, I ended up lining them up so all tangs were aligned the same, made it look neat.

I'd also like to say, I've bought abut four different things from Typ4 and never was I disappointed in what was .... or wasn't included in the kits. Can't say enough about the quality or "sense" the kits make.

THX!

gandalf

Reaction score
Tom,

I have two pdf articles you might want to read if you really want to get into (no pun intended, of course:rotflmao) the db2 ip's. One of the has blow-up schematics of the pump. One is 4.86 Mb, and the other is 42.4 Kb, both pdf format.

I'd be happy to send them to you, but I'll need an email address. If you'd like them, pm me with an email addy.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do.

I'll take a few pics along the way.

gandalf

Reaction score
The files were just sent. Let us all know how useful they are, since I'm sure you're much more qualified to judge than am I.

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can email you the shaft disassembly and assembly pages out of the Navistar service manual if you need them. Good step by step directions on what your trying to do. PM me your email address if you would like to have them.