Injector washer

probear

AKA pooh :)
Reaction score
I've got a friend that has an 85 6.9 and has one injector that the washer is stuck in the injector hole.

How can this washer be removed without removing the head?

Thanks,
probear

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Soak it with PB BLASTER and then use the pic.
Dunno whats so magical about Blaster, but it works just as good as Pyroil...only less $$$$$$$$$$.
Use a small screwdriver to scale the rest of the crud...as stated before..piston at TDC.

Best to ya!
GEO

suv7734

Reaction score
If it's actually stuck to the bottom of the bore and not the side I have had success with just the 'correct' sized slotted screwdriver before. Soak it a bit as mentioned and in the meantime find a slotted screwdriver that will just start to go through the hole (make sure it's a relatively good/new screwdriver). Since the sealing washers are just a bit smaller than the opening in the cast iron of the head you can go ahead and give it a couple of taps (gently! I know you're PO'ed but gentle lol) with a hammer to seat the screwdriver in the washer. Now use the screwdriver like an easy out to twist the washer and you should find that it's stuck to the bottom of the screwdriver and you can just lift it right out. Usually the hammer blow will distort the washer a bit and the twist isn't even necessary. Give it a try... works in some cases.

Bruce

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yep PB Blaster works wonders that's what I have used in the past with good success. The screwdriver trick sounds like it should work as well and your not going to be spraying all the junk down the bore either with that trick so I would try that first if it were me.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just be carefull not to get too much liquid in there and hydrolock it. You should rotate the crank by hand a few times to make sure it's OK before you put the injector back in.