Injector line crack?

Julianq7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was working on the truck today, pulled the turbo out and found a decent size puddle of diesel in the pan. Led me to think that one of the steel lines are leaking because I did not have 2 of the 4 vibration clamps on when I was driving it back and forth to Tampa. The #7 line and the #2 line were the only lines with out any clamps on. I just got the #7 steel line in from constenoga diesel and now I am wondering if I should replace them all... I pulled them all off the pump and could not see any visible cracks... maybe they are too small to see with the eye? I would much rather buy only the #2 injector rather than the whole set they are really expensive. Also realized I crossthreaded another injector so I have to order another one.

I found a kit of steel lines for 230 on accuratediesel.

https://www.accuratediesel.com/shop/140.html

Which isn't too bad. Was wondering if anyone has dealt with them before.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They crack right behind the "bulb" that is formed on the end of the line that the nut fitting pushes against. I would replace the bad line, hook it all back up and see what you have. If you have no other leaks I would run it. Make sure you get those clamps before you run it much, I had to learn my lesson on this too.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, figure out exactly where the leak is. Use paper towels, folded in strategic places on top of the engine to see where it's leaking.

If it appears to be coming from an injector, make sure it's coming from the line and not the O-rings/return cap below it.

If it's coming from the IP side, make sure it's not the olive/seal on the supply line. That can drip downwards and appear like one of the bottom injector lines is leaking.

Also, there's a weep hole at the bottom, front of the IP that can leak if the internal seals are dying.

Julianq7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seals could be it, I know this is the original pump and has about 98,000 miles on it. I'm going to check the steel lines again today around the bulb to see any cracks

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is how the clamps should be on the injector lines. The return lines may be different than yours, but the clamps are correct. Look in the Merchandise forum for the lines.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx