IDI sinister Coolant filter

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
oh also are you guys keen on the filters that come with DCA already in them, and then just changing them whenever its time to replenish your DCA levels?
The filter should only maintain the levels.
If you're low, you're low, gonna have to add in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is a little old, but thought I would share this since pre-charged filters came up. This little tidbit was packaged in my wix 24071 filter I bought for my setup.
You must be registered for see images attach

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also here is wix's stand on sca maintenance.
You must be registered for see images attach

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing this back to life. Looking to switch to the charged filters but napa has no idea how many ppm their filters will create or maintain because all their computers tell them is how many units of dca the filters have. Is there a conversion rate for dca units to ppm? Should I just use bottled dca to bring my nitrite levels up to 1000-1200ppm and put a 4071 or 4072 on? This crap gets confusing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
All my stainless fittings have been holding with the pipe dope so far, using the Napa filter head.

Pics are in the thread linked in my signature.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Bringing this back to life. Looking to switch to the charged filters but napa has no idea how many ppm their filters will create or maintain because all their computers tell them is how many units of dca the filters have. Is there a conversion rate for dca units to ppm? Should I just use bottled dca to bring my nitrite levels up to 1000-1200ppm and put a 4071 or 4072 on? This crap gets confusing

You have to have it close before the charged filters can maintain the level.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just run the 4070 with the motorcraft sca additive and use test strips in the coolant to make sure it's good. Check it once a season. If it looks at all low I just pump out a small amount and top off the radiator with some of the additive and move on.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to have it close before the charged filters can maintain the level.

Which filter do I use after I have my dca levels correct?

I just run the 4070 with the motorcraft sca additive and use test strips in the coolant to make sure it's good. Check it once a season. If it looks at all low I just pump out a small amount and top off the radiator with some of the additive and move on.
That's currently how my set up is but I originally installed the coolant filter to get away from the test strips and bottled additive