How to polish a ****, for Dummies

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured id start a thread on here and show my step by step as i "redo" my truck. As in redo i mean i'm doing a complete body swap, por-15 the whole chassis, swap the custom inferior interior for a lariet interior, new fuel and brake lines, go over the engine make sure it's good to go, new custom exhaust, custom cold air intake, etc... Basically i'm poishing a ****, hence the title.

Here it is before "dieselbrad" hauled it home for me..
You must be registered for see images attach

i'll get more pics in a few, need to go snap them.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
funny thing is it aint strait, the cab mounts are puched thru the rotted floor and rad support is rotted completly off, notice the lean of the cab and front clip. i got new pics, i'm posting in just a few..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is pics as of today, beds off and fuel tanks are out, i'm ready to de-scale all the rust and por-15 this sucker. i'm debating on whether or not i want to cut the spring hangers off or not, they are'nt rotted but i could realy do a nice job on the frame if i just replaced them rite away. also it is crusty-rusty around them.

And i will be replacing the shock mounts, at least it didnt chew thru the frame.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
you poor north easterners.

I've got three vehicles, the youngest is an 89 and it doesn't even have surface rust on the frame yet. My 63 doesn't need 10% of the steel your truck does.

Good luck!

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
well at least its not all beat up lol. how big of a job was it to pull the bed off? gotta get mine off soon.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Like Buffalo said. The body is JUNK. The PO used spray undercoat to "cover" up the ROT. Not one body panel is any good

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well at least its not all beat up lol. how big of a job was it to pull the bed off? gotta get mine off soon.

about 45 minutes and two beers. i used an angle grinder and cut the heads off the bolts, wasnt worried about cutting into the junk bed.

oh and about that junk bed...LOL

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Save the wheels and engine, then just beat the crap out of the rest with that back *****, whoops mean't hoe. Then off to the junk yard. What did he say? Stick it over by the crusher? :rotflmao :rotflmao

Where's towtruckdave?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Save the wheels and engine, then just beat the crap out of the rest with that back *****, whoops mean't hoe. Then off to the junk yard

if i was planning on junking it, id only save the wheels and tranny. the engine would go to the smelter, only becouse it's to heavy to use as an anchor for my boat.:rotflmao

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what a sec, your telling me the "diesel brad" hauled a bricknose? pics or that didnt happen.

hauled it!! he spoke nothing but fine words of bricknose trucks and said he wanted to own one in the very worst way, or maybe it was the exact oposite of that, my memory is foggy..:D

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
hauled it!! he spoke nothing but fine words of bricknose trucks and said he wanted to own one in the very worst way, or maybe it was the exact oposite of that, my memory is foggy..:D

You gotta lay off the beers my friend:rotflmao and speak the truth about me offering to haul it STRAIGHT to the scrap yard for you;Sweet

Last edited: