How much....

BigStroker

Koolege Stoodent
Reaction score
does a rebuilt injector pump cost for a 6.9L?

Are there any aftermarket ones out there tweaked up? Is it hard to tweak one of their pumps?

Can you buy aftermarket high performance injectors for them?

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
In the ballpark of $400. The fuel screw can be turned up on the pump to give you all the fuel the IDI can handle(High EGT and boost for turbo engines are what limits us). Since I have a Banks turbo, I had my rebuilder set my pump to the factory turbo engine settings. Injectors are about all the same. Some differances with differance letter codes,but no "swamp" type aftermarket that I know of. Russ

Last edited:

BigStroker

Koolege Stoodent
Reaction score
Originally posted by GRuss
In the ballpark of $400. The fuel screw can be turned up on the pump to give you all the fuel the IDI can handle(High EGT and boost for turbo engines are what limits us). Since I have a Banks turbo, I had my rebuilder set my pump to the factory turbo engine settings. Injectors are about all the same. Some differances with differance letter codes,but no "swamp" type aftermarket that I know of. Russ
Cool thanks.

How much was the turbo kit?

I found a old beat up truck with a 6.9, C6 and T-case and was thinking this would be an awesome transplate into my 1971 Ford Bronco

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
When I got my truck the PO installed the turbo. But I hear the Banks kits are around $2400-you install.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A standard rebuilt pump will run you around $325 give or take $50. You can buy built up ones and injectors to match from DPS-Performance, but they won't do you much good on a stock engine. You need to decompress in order to get the boost needed to run lots of fuel. A standard pump with standard injectors can be turned up by anyone with an Allen wrench and a pyrometer far enough to melt pistons easily.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry Gruss, not sure how I didn't see your post. It was late.