How much wiring

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just asking to see how much wiring I need for this swap. I'm removing the (family) 93 f250 non turbo motor/e40d installing the (donor) 93 f250 factory turbocharged motor/zf 5? Is it just the motor wires or do I need the distribution block?
You must be registered for see images attach

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take everything under the hood. You will be sorry if you don't. This is a bigger wiring job than you think.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the inside you will need the clutch pedal sensor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
chances are the plug is already there. there is a bypass installed for the E4DOA trucks. stripping out the in cab harness is prolly not necessary. the clutch switch will be needed though. i generally bypass mime.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chances are the plug is already there. there is a bypass installed for the E4DOA trucks. stripping out the in cab harness is prolly not necessary. the clutch switch will be needed though. i generally bypass mime.

In other words, he does not need to do anything with the clutch switch, just leave the jumper in place in his old harness. That's what I would do also.

There is a plug underneath the brake booster area. There is a short harness that goes to the transmission. Unless the factory changed this, you can unplug the harness from the zf 5 speed and it's transfer case, unplug your old e4od harness, and plug in the zf harness in the plug under the booster. The zf harness will have the jumper inside it to jump out the old neutral safety for the e4od.

As far as all the wiring for the computer controls for the e40d, I would hope that is separate and comes right out, but maybe not, I have never messed with a e4od.

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
This is all I need from the inside of the truck?? Is not let me know the cab is loaded and ready to scrap to tomorrow

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01