m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a typ4 cam on my shelf of goodies:Thumbs Up
Now seems like a time to use it. My truck already has a turbo too.:peelout

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Maybe it's time to pull the engine and install studs. I know it's hard to swallow the price of them, but it's still a lot cheaper than another blown head gasket. If you're not going the head studs route, then I'd recommend replacing the head bolts with new ones. BTW< it's not necessary to remove any part of the heater/a/c box to replace the passenger's side head, but it would probably make the job way easier and reduce the chance of damaging a new head gasket during the installation.

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting my place cleaned up to start on the engine work needed. Going to put the typ4 cam in too. Not sure if it's getting studs. I only run boost to about 7-8psi max. Going to take the heads and have them checked out and any work needed will get done too. Then freshen the fuel system with new IP and Injectors.
Hopefully after all that my truck will be ready for another 200k miles.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
If you're going to do the cam at the same time, I'd recommend pulling the engine out. It's just SO much easier to do all of that work when it's on a stand. That way, you don't have to remove any extra from the truck either.

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're going to do the cam at the same time, I'd recommend pulling the engine out. It's just SO much easier to do all of that work when it's on a stand. That way, you don't have to remove any extra from the truck either.
I think that's the way it's headed.

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
I'm getting my place cleaned up to start on the engine work needed. Going to put the typ4 cam in too. Not sure if it's getting studs. I only run boost to about 7-8psi max. Going to take the heads and have them checked out and any work needed will get done too. Then freshen the fuel system with new IP and Injectors.
Hopefully after all that my truck will be ready for another 200k miles.
Is that boost limit on purpose? Do you have a waste gate turbo?