HELP OVERHEATING

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check clutch fan and radiator cap. And if there is more water then coolant it boils faster that I would check to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

gandalf

Reaction score
Flow thru the stat is key, ford stat or vatozone/O really's?
Only the ford/ih work right.
Vaporlocked?

This is my first though also. If the thermostat is anything other than a motorcraft (Ford), pull it out and toss it. The Ford Motorcraft thermostat is the only one which works properly.

Are you pulling a load of any sort? Are you doing anything other than driving an unloaded truck?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't ya just hate this. Got a 911 problem, then NO answer back as to what fixed it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Bill it may not have been repaired... My guess is either thermostat wrong or the fan clutch has failed. To the original poster. Look at the front and back of the fan clutch for any collection of oily dirt around the shaft seals. If ANY is seen the clutch is shot. On the front side of the clutch is the thermostacically controll spring. Dirt collects on that and renders is useless for turning on the fan to draw air. What that spring does is as it heats up it turns a small valve shaft to close off the internal bypass in the clutch. They can be easily modified to come on full at a lower temp than what the factory sets them at.

The_88_lariat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped replying because absolutely zero help was given i said my truck was over heating and yall just named every part of the cooling system it basiclly went my truck is overheating, clutch fan thermostat water pump radiator. I just know now the truck has no thermostat and now has a blown head gasket leaking compression into the cooling system over pressurizing it. it may have been a result or cause of the overheating, there were no signs of a headgasket issue before but that is the farthest i have driven the truck since i got it so now im pricing out a head gasket job on the truck