Hello

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring and let anyone who's interested know that I've come over.

:thanks: to Travis for the heads-up regarding this site...things look good so far :)

Signature to come later today...

I do have to ask, though...what was the straw that broke the camel's back that led so many people to come over here in droves from TDS? I have my suspicions, but it's be nice to hear the full story...

Keep on truckin'... :cool
-Tim

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir! As mentioned, I like what I see...we'll have to see what happens with TDS, but after all the reading I just got done doing, it sounds like TDS in general is currently sitting in a handbasket and getting warmer by the day. I had seen some evidence before (notably the issues of added moderation in the basement), but didn't realize the full extent until today...and all I can say is holy Autolite...

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Damn Warden, haven't seen you around in quite some time! Welcome over to the dark side;)

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Swany :) I've actually been active over on TDS. Just, I banished myself from the Other Forum over there about a year ago after a few issues (mainly, a few people were driving my blood pressure too high)...so, other than General Diesel, I've mainly stuck to the IDI boards. For the moment, I'm still going to be over there along with this site, but I'm really liking this site so far...so I suppose time will tell, eh?

Good to hear from you :)

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Warden

I do have to ask, though...what was the straw that broke the camel's back that led so many people to come over here in droves from TDS? I have my suspicions, but it's be nice to hear the full story...

Keep on truckin'... :cool
-Tim

No reason to wonder Tim, they all came for the exact same reason youre here now. And there is nothing wrong with TDS, its a great site for what it was intended for. We at OB are just trying to fill in the gaps that TDS left open. Glad to have you here.

Mike

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Yep it was the over moderation that led me here. Not that I had any problems at TDS YET, just nice to have a differant "playground' to use :) GRuss

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I came over for the reasons above plus.
The straw that really broke me was when bundo and KD bashed something that meant a lot to me and my reply got me moderated and they where left alone. I realized that stupid idle chit chat (against the rules) is obviously more important than my 3500+ techical posts. I still go over there and help people that are not asking to get 1000 HP out of a powerstroke for $50, or starting another stupid debate about oil or what sponsor is better. Don't even get me started on the "my truck wont start" and "why is diesel so expensive" posts:mad: :shoot: Anyway, I still help people over there that are not geting any replies whatsoever. Sometimes I help them with a PM to check out this site.
Anyway, Nuf said!
Ken

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
howdy all, i made it over here thanks to Russ. still checking the place out.

ROB

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well Tim for me it was when the hammer came down on the basement.

We were a pretty good group over there we policed ourselves I thought and then for some strange reason management decieded that we had a good thing too long so they stepped in (started noticing posts that just went ******). Finally it was the banning of the BOOB site - you could not mention it any way shape or form - because it was deemed and I quote "competitive with thedieselstop.com".

That was when the camel folded like a cheap suit for me. So I said "ta-ta - see ya!"

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NJKen
The straw that really broke me was when bundo and KD bashed something that meant a lot to me and my reply got me moderated and they where left alone.
I don't know who KD is, but Bundo is one of the biggest reasons I got myself out of "Other" before getting myself into trouble. Why he didn't get permanently banned is beyond me...especially considering the other goings-on.

Originally posted by turbo69
Competitive site crap and over moderation-check out the BOOB post.
I actually did read that thread after I posted here (saw a reference in another thread on this site). It just seems ridiculous to me...as mentioned, we're not exactly a major source of vendor revenue on TDS as it is, and we're really our own community, pretty much separate from the PSD guys. But, I'm not the king, so I can only vote with my feet...nice to see that there's finally an alternate. I think we can make this site worthwile; we just need to give it a go. :)

Originally posted by argve
Well Tim for me it was when the hammer came down on the basement.

We were a pretty good group over there we policed ourselves I thought and then for some strange reason management decieded that we had a good thing too long so they stepped in (started noticing posts that just went ******). Finally it was the banning of the BOOB site - you could not mention it any way shape or form - because it was deemed and I quote "competitive with thedieselstop.com".

That was when the camel folded like a cheap suit for me. So I said "ta-ta - see ya!"
Sounds about right...I had actually noticed that myself, and wasn't too thrilled about it (particularly with the "My-way-or-the-highway" attitude of the administration). But, until today, I didn't think there was really an alternative. I'm not quite ready to give up completely on TDS yet, but I'm going to make an effort to try and help this board bloom...and I don't think I'm alone (which is good; I can't even begin to compare to some of the people over here :)).

So, let's see how things go, eh? :cool