Heat in truck not working.

Discussion in '6.9L IH & 7.3L IDI Diesels' started by skintbackfarms, Oct 22, 2008.

1. skintbackfarms

skintbackfarms Full Access Member

New to the site and new to Ford IDI's. Just got a 91' f-250 tonight and the heat don't work inside. It has a/c and the truck ran fine. Seems like the engine temp heated up. Also i tried it with the fan on and in the vent section. Your help would be thanks.

The truck is a 91' F250 2WD long box 5spd. Thanks

2. dieselman21585

dieselman21585 A Diesel Nut

I'm suspecting a plugged heater core, but, I'm just one person. Get other answers from other folks on this site as well, before fixing the problem. Also, does the heater core leak coolant into the cab?

3. NJGearhead666

NJGearhead666 Full Access Member

did you check under the hood to make sure that coolant is going to the core? maybe its bad and they bypassed it. good place to start.

4. typ4

typ4 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Check the vacuum pump, controls work on vac. It does default to defrost. blend cable could be messed up also.

5. skintbackfarms

skintbackfarms Full Access Member

Thanks for the answers. Everything is hooked up under the hood but the brakes don't work right . The guy said the vac pump was bad so I'll will try that today and see.

6. subway

subway be nice to the admin :D

yea a bad vacume pump can make the brakes funny and weak. dont use a gear puller on the pulley! you need a power steering pump pulley remover to do it right.

might want to check it first if you can, it not only has to pull a good vacuum but keep it after pumping the brakes a couple of times.