headers for a IDI?

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Good luck getting the truck. I don't think the '94-'97s had near the issues some of the newer trucks had. $10,000 is a great price for that truck. Then you'll want to go to Banks and get their downpipe/exhaust upgrade or a 4" exhaust for it. I've seen those squashed DPs on the PSD and it's as bad as mine.

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
i dont think i'll be trading for dodge anytime soon.(no offense argve):D
i 'll keep working on him,and oneday he'll crack and i'll be there to pickup the pieces(uh i mean new truck) :angel: :D

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by argve
Well you don't have to worry about me swonking - they took my lightsaber away. But if you want to really stir them up join me get a Goat... LOL

My next new truck will be a goat... assuming Ford can't get the 6.0 working right. Would spend too much money trading my truck for a used goat... so guess I'm kinda stuck with the IDI.

After paying $200 for a quote on my wife's 2000 Silverado, which only needed a new O2 sensor, some coolant in the rad, and a couple sensors replaced, I'm nervous about buying a new truck. That $200 was just to look at the truck. They wanted another $240 to do the work I listed, plus another $150 for the tune up.

Yeah, right.

One more reason to stick with the old, mechanical, cheap stuff that doesn't have a buttload of sensors...

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Mike,

$200 that's not all that out of line these days I know Diesel Mechanics are charging up to $75 an hour around here to even open the hood.

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
i know our shop charges 65.00 an hour for tractors,skidloaders,and normal ag equipment.35.00 extar for a service call
then we charge 75.00 an hour for claas forage harvesters.
i think its a way to much.but what do i know. :rolleyes: