HEAD CHANGE NOW OVERHEATING

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a 97 12v 5.9 cummins in a fl50 rear engine. The motor had an water leak by the thermostat so i replaced the thermostat gaskit still leaked. then i notice is wasnt coming for the thermostat housing but between the head and the block. It did overheat a few times but did not auto shut down that i know of. I decided to get the head checked for cracks and warped head. 5 cracks was found. Bought a new head and bolts slapped it on and ran fine at idea for a good while so i ran her down the road for a load test. still stayed at the R on normal. So i released to be road ready. A drive drove it all day and said it got hot and the light came on twice. Look around started to see oil coming for the turbo manifold and the exhaust manifold.

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new things to add on this thread. she started to blow a blue smoke at idle and when you give her gas it blows a yellowesh blue smoke. it also has a bad BBQ smell coming form the exhaust

Last edited:

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new gasket and bolts there is some oil coming from the turbo manifold and exhaust manifold where they meet. I really don't dont what the pull turbo but i might have to

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online