HE351VE Remote Mount Turbo

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think any updates, however this is the turbo I'm giving very serious consideration to installing, just not where he did. More like in the stock 093 location...sorta!

wmoguy

Reaction score
Idk IDIs are making power levels similar to a chipped 6.0 although with a lil more work. Lol. I guess it just depends on who's idi we are talking about. :D

Who's IDI? My "chipped" 6.0 is spanking Supercharged Mustangs (the new ones) LOL

Update on the 94: I sold her. GULP. To buy the wife a Minivan. #insertmancardjokesnow

kent01

Reaction score
I've got a friend who has a 06 6.0 egr delete,and oil pump.stomp the throttle at a dead stop, it turns the tires immediately,then the stock turbo spools and it just Fry's the tires.
Never seen and IDI even come close to that kind of power.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a friend who has a 06 6.0 egr delete,and oil pump.stomp the throttle at a dead stop, it turns the tires immediately,then the stock turbo spools and it just Fry's the tires.
Never seen and IDI even come close to that kind of power.

You haven't seen any IDIs with big pumps then. There are a few pushing bigger power these days. I think Justin from R&D is pushing over 500hp now. He has dynoed at 469hp and was at 52psi or something like that on the dyno. The other day he was maxing out his 60psi gauge at half throttle and is going to dyno it again soon. Others are paying 40psi and making food perpo as well.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Justin needs to just make an inline pump setup already lol I would like to see 500cc plus going through one of his motors

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Justin needs to just make an inline pump setup already lol I would like to see 500cc plus going through one of his motors

He's headed there right after this actually. He just wants to see what the pump can do.

kent01

Reaction score
I just recently had a long conversation with Justin recently, he told me he was at his max power level in the mid 400's said he was putting so much fuel in the cylinder that it was literally putting the fire out! His personal Rig is one of the most powerful IDI engines out there.
And ask him how much $$$ it cost to get to that Level? Point is a 6.0 or a
6.7 can make way more power/ torque for less money invested.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it can definitely be done cheaper on newer trucks. He did do some mods to help with the issues. Can't remember what he did though.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negotiable, 6000$ gets a decent lower mile idi, 17000 is a decent 6.0 that's probably got 200000 miles on it and needs something by now, put like 5000$ into a idi and you'll be sitting reasonable power levels with new fuel system parts, new turbo, exhaust, intake etc, and a reliable low mile truck. If you wanted to do that to a 6.0 or 6.7 you'd be in at least 10k or more. It depends on the person really if you have $$ for a 6.0 or 6.7 yes power can be had but performance parts are not cheap and even stock yes they put out tons of power. But your comparing trucks 20+ years apart what can you expect from a 30 year old truck anyway? Lol

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Negotiable, 6000$ gets a decent lower mile idi, 17000 is a decent 6.0 that's probably got 200000 miles on it and needs something by now, put like 5000$ into a idi and you'll be sitting reasonable power levels with new fuel system parts, new turbo, exhaust, intake etc, and a reliable low mile truck. If you wanted to do that to a 6.0 or 6.7 you'd be in at least 10k or more. It depends on the person really if you have $$ for a 6.0 or 6.7 yes power can be had but performance parts are not cheap and even stock yes they put out tons of power. But your comparing trucks 20+ years apart what can you expect from a 30 year old truck anyway? Lol
Doesn't even make sense, imo.
1. If you even find a "low mile" IDI, it's still plenty over 100k, plus going to be way more than $5k.
2. You can't compare 6.0 to 6.7, completely different animals, and I can tell you haven't been around/driven either.
3. You're forgetting about the whole drivetrain/suspension on the IDI that's going to need replaced. Not to mention any rust issues. (Again, rust free are out there, but that's going to raise the price immensely.)
4. Most of the parts you mentioned the 6.0 or 6.7 needing because it's 200k miles. False, unlike the IDI, some stock fuel system components will last well over that mileage. Especially the common rail parts in the 6.7, which is the most reliable system out there.
Another thing that's great with the newer generation trucks, they aren't obsolete. So you can actually get parts, no issue.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't even make sense, imo.
1. If you even find a "low mile" IDI, it's still plenty over 100k, plus going to be way more than $5k.
2. You can't compare 6.0 to 6.7, completely different animals, and I can tell you haven't been around/driven either.
3. You're forgetting about the whole drivetrain/suspension on the IDI that's going to need replaced. Not to mention any rust issues. (Again, rust free are out there, but that's going to raise the price immensely.)
4. Most of the parts you mentioned the 6.0 or 6.7 needing because it's 200k miles. False, unlike the IDI, some stock fuel system components will last well over that mileage. Especially the common rail parts in the 6.7, which is the most reliable system out there.
Another thing that's great with the newer generation trucks, they aren't obsolete. So you can actually get parts, no issue.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
You can find low mile IDIs near me with less than a 100k and no rust. As for what system is more reliable that is just an opinion, everything breaks and these old trucks are wayyy easier to work on and diagnose. You may be able to get parts for new trucks easier but look at the cost differential, injectors on an idi vs a 6.7, not to mention the difference in labor involved in the two.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online