Hate it when a plan fails.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the bed off doing some things. New leaf spring bushings, f26e rear fuel tank, fixing the gauge float in the front tank.

Also, tried to throw on the rear air springs I picked at the salvage yard and the b&W turnover ball I got from Idioit.
Well shoot, Those things apparently occupy the same real estate. I am currently in re-engineer mode.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something has to give. That top crossbar of the gooseneck hitch is in the location of the top bracket for the bags. I might need to get creative here!

Welder may be involved too.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Notch the lip of the bag mount to clear cross bar. Take another piece of flat bar and run it front to back as close as you can to the air fitting hole. That should get you close and be plenty strong.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id be making my own bag mounts.
fabrication required, bring it over, well slap something out

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think I am getting it worked out. There is clearance now around the hitch brackets after a little notching on the upper bag mount. Biggest problem is the distance between the upper and lower mounts. The hitch has a big bolt right where the bag would rub unless I locate the upper mount lower. This causes the bag to bottom out before the axle hits the bump stops.

I am exploring two options. One would be adding longer bumpstops. The other would be taking the overload spring and its 1 inch thick spacer off the top of the leaf spring pack. The would effectively lower the bottom bag mount.

Right now I have the leaf springs out to press in new bushings, so I will know more once I get that task done and start back together with all of it.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled the leaf springs out yesterday and started ambushing swap. Tried every way I could and finally just went a bought a press. Needed one anyway. Turns out, there are two different kinds so shackle bushings and, of course, when I ordered my energy suspension bushing set I got the wrong one. My set has bushings larger than what my truck needs. Oh well, I get to wait a couple more days now! While the right ones come in.

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
^^^ I did the exact same thing. I had to overnight order the correct Energy Suspension Bushings from Amazon when I was in a bit of an end-of-the week time crunch and two bushings is all the was holding me up! That's how it goes haha

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fastest I could get the energy suspension ones was middle of next week. No overnight option. Think they were out of stock.

I ordered the prothane bushings which will be here Saturday.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ended up using the rubber ones that came with my new spring hangers on the shackle side of the rear. Must be a common issue.