Guages......

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, All the know about teh engine temp and tranny temp is that it is omewhere between cold and hot.... LOL.. I HATE that...... Does anyone know the range that ford sets the guages too... The range for all of them would be nice... It is very different not seeing the oil pressure guage move.... At idle or WOT it stays right in the middle.... This is hard to get used to!:yell: :mad: :(

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only gauge in that dash that is accurate is the tach and I verified that by all my dyno pulls. (though my brother's 01 GT reads 400 rpms fast compared to the dyno)

You could potentially run out of fuel with the needle below the lowest E line or at 1/8 th of tank. It depends what mood the gauge is in. Been there done that. If you fill-up with the motor on the gauge may not read full for 50 miles or until your re-start.

Tranny gauge is useless. If it ever goes to the red line pull into your local Ford dealer for a new tranny. When I did that prolonged burnout with my slicks the gauge never moved even after I stopped.

Water temp and oil pressure are idiot gauges too.

Speedo is probably 2-3 mph fast 80.

Boost gauge is useless.

Unless they changed it for 05 the cruise will vary 2.5-3 mph on slight grades though the speedo won't reflect. Verify with a GPS. At least my 7.3's would maintain speed within .5-.8 on the GPS.

I would add a pyro, tranny temp and boost.

GM kicks Furds **** in gauges.

Last edited:

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the ECM knows the exact temp of these fluids... and if there is a way to tap into that......

Still, if you knew what hot was on each it would help... if it worked..

NOGM

Reaction score
Remember, Ford sells these things with the idiot in mind! They figure that the more these guages move, the more idiots will call. Unfortunatly for us gearheads who have inquiring minds get the short end on the deal. There should be an option for functional guages. But , alas, ignorance is bliss. I say, if I don't see any problems, then it must be okay!

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
the boost gauge seems to be on compared to the gauges I had on my 04, seem right in line. @28 max...only time I got over that in my 04 was when pred was 100.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im a little confused whyu ZFord put the red line for boost at around 35 when its max should be 25-28??? Anouther part of the guages I dont understand???

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
Ford supposivly did it because to many people complained about to much gage sweep. When my dad took his in because of that thats what they said i went:***: there suppost to move. but in short get Real gages these ones are idot lights with a needles.