Got an ABS light on

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
My dad's new 05 has about 1,000 miles on it now, and the ABS light came on not too long ago. He's super lazy and doesn't have time so it will probably be a long while before it decides to bring it in for warranty work. But what will activate the light on an 05?

He claims the trailer brakes aren't working as well as they were before the light, but i've been riding with him, and i think he's full of it. He says they won't engage fully at a full stop but i told him when he first got it they wouldn't do that.

NOGM

Reaction score
My guess would be the connection on the top of the differential housing to the VSS (or the ABS sensor) or the VSS itself, as it controls the ABS and the speedometer, I think. Does the speedo act erraticly? Give it a look see, might be that simple, and I would also guess that if it has one connection interuption it may throw a light. That is a guess, of course.:cool

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Well since i posted this we have gotten it repaired under warranty. They said the hydraulic control unit under the hood went bad for whatever reason. They replaced it and it all seems to be working correctly now. Thanks!

NOGM

Reaction score
Glad things were taken care of, and here I thought I was a super-genious;p !
I had the same problem on my '93 Lightning and the ABS sensor on the :moon:was the culprit. Guess these new-fangled thingys are more complex now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01