Got a 6.0 today.

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
So....you don't think that your right foot and choice in tuners might not have something to do with your headgaskets:dunno;Sweet

The 6.0 is very finicky to tuners and every truck is gonna be different.
I've been very fortunate with mine because I have had ZERO issues with it(knocking on wood)

my 05er was bone stock and it got the most work done on it. :dunno

i just wish Dirtleg all the best of luck with his nice looking new truck.;Sweet

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thanks Tim.:thumbsup: There is certainly a chance I'll need some luck. I am hoping I don't but you never can tell.

While there are certainly issues with the 6.0 that shouldn't be there I am convinced that it isn't a bad motor. It has just been mishandled from the get go and now it's problems are legendary. It has also been proven that when studded with properly flat heads and block, and a full EGR delete has been performed, that these motors are very capable of handling modifications without issue.

I still haven't smelled coolant again and the coolant level has not dropped at all in the 2+ months (5,000 miles) I've owned the truck. I just drove from Virginia to Atlanta and at a speed of 75-85 mph averaged 17.5 mpg. That includes stopping in Charlotte overnite and the driving done in town there.

Brimmstone, thanks for the offer to help diagnose any problem that arise.;Sweet

Smokinporsche have you had an opportunity to use the Innovative tune yet? Curious to see what your opinion is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88