Fuse box question

derjackistweg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need urged help. I have some electrical issues. And need a diagram or or...
  1. Fuse with 30amps, upper half and vertical, is blowing every time I start the engine. Glow relay and plugs are new and working. They seem to run on this circuit. Also the electrical fuel pump (on the GP relay). What else could be the issue?
  2. Ignition switch seem to be false/ defect. I cannot kill the engine with it. Fss and IP are all fine (now). Can I test it? On which circuit is this running?
  3. Starter is not correct working. If I bridge the switch at the starter, the starter fires up. Not very sufficient I have a van and therefore no switch at the fender.

You must be registered for see images attach

Who can help me :dunno

PS my truck sits 200 miles away and I will go there tomorrow (GMT time). 1rst issue is IP install but than I would need to fix the electrical issues also, if in any way possible...

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if the vans or your particular year are the same or not, but the key on hot comes off the ignition switch and I believe splits and powers a 30 amp fuse in the panel for all the key on accessories like some of the under hood sensors the gauge cluster and what not. Anything with a red wire yellow chaser is on that circuit. When that fuse blows, what do you loose? The key on power to the IP and GP controller is a red/lt green. While I was running down an issue, I jumped the key on hot off the GP controller over to the vacuum safety switch connector which is on the other leg of that circuit. It let me see that my gauges and such were working to eliminate the cluster as the problem. If it is that key on circuit which is what I suspect, you have a short somewhere in that red/yellow line somewhere. Could be the vacuum switch. Could be several things.

The starter wire is a red/lt blue wire that runs off the ignition switch to the starter relay. Wherever that is on a van.

Not being able to kill the engine means the red/lt green is staying hot. That could also be a problem coming from the red/yellow circuit or it could be the ignition switch causing some or all of this. Not sure if the vans are the same but the switch is adjustable on a pickup. The red/lt green also is the power for the alternator. I suppose a problem with the alternator could cause an issue.

Don't know if that helped at all but maybe it gave you some places to start looking.