Fuel additives

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I always use 2 stroke engine oil and power service every time I fill up the tank on any of My trucks, I do it with the 05PSD as well, I realize I never asked. Is it necessary with this fuel system or could it be harmful?

Thanks.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Anyone?
I don't need a scientific detail, just the common agreement on this matter. LOL

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
It can't hurt.... I use Power Service, and I have used 2 cycle oil..... it seemes to like either or both.... I did notice a bit better mpg when I used the TWC-3.... I plan on using it more often.... just finished up the oil I had to make mix for the weed eaters..... I know the injectors were a bit quieter with the TWC-3 (2 cycle oil) in the fuel.... so nothing scientific.... just my ear-o-meter......

I use Silver Power service in the summer, and White in the winter..... I have not used any other that Power Service. I know there is an additive that Ford makes for the 6.0's (Like stanadine does for the DB2) that apparently really helps..... helps with MPG, EGR and Turbo.... it is pricy but apparently works really well.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well it is good to know all is fine. I use the supertech 2 cycle oil and PS as well, gray during summer and white during the winter.

Thank You.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The grey Power Service really doesnt do anything for the 6.0L and the white is really just going to help the winter fuel.

Amsoil makes an excellent additive, we have seen a little improvement with using Howes.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
As expensive as the injectors are on these rigs I don't put anything but Howes or Power Service in my rig.

Thad

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PS or Motorcraft are recommended for the 6.0 injectors to prevent scaring. Not sure if it really helps or if it is just a placebo. I used to use PS a lot when it was under $7.00 96oz but now its over $18.00 at walmart I use bulk 2 stroke oil.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
h2odrx,

Not sure if you are joking or not, but when I was running the 2 cycle oil (TWC-3) in my 6.0 I did see a mileage increase. No the 2-4 like you said, but I did see an increase, and the engine and injectors were much quieter. I need to pick up a jug of it and somw white PS for my next tank.

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
I did notice that the injector noise was a little more quiet then normal with 2 stroke. I too use Power Service (Summer/Winter) and it seams help! I also have used Lucas Fuel treatment in my Sick Liter with good results.

I'll have to try 10-30 or 5-30 motor oil in my fuel and see what it does.

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
I did notice that the injector noise was a little more quiet then normal with 2 stroke. I too use Power Service (Summer/Winter) and it seams help! I also have used Lucas Fuel treatment in my Sick Liter with good results.

I'll have to try 10-30 or 5-30 motor oil in my fuel and see what it does.