"FREE" mods for 92' IDI

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I dont know for sure....my truck was all "modded" when I bought it. I noticed a minimal amount of power when I upped the pump, but again, I wouldn't do it unless you have a pyro or only drive city streets like I do.

mj05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a before and after experience with intake/exhaust restrictions such as soup bowl, snorkle at the grill, or exhaust especially on na engines? as far as performance or economy?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Anyone have a before and after experience with intake/exhaust restrictions such as soup bowl, snorkle at the grill, or exhaust especially on na engines? as far as performance or economy?

Seat of the pants? Not really.

Economy? Soup bowl removed,turned up pump 2 flats(pyro installed) with a 4" cold air tube stuffed thru the grill and 3" exhaust. Yup!

Of course using the throttle pedal like an on off switch (aka goatboy style) will result in poorer economy.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
before i upped the pump and added the intake i was seeing about 14-15 average, since then the average is closer to 17 the exhaust was done as soon as i obtained the truck so no numbers there. I will say that before the intake and pump adjustments i had to really get on the truck to out run a stock cummins and now i can just run to about 2600 and shift and beat him

sassyrel

Reaction score
Of course using the throttle pedal like an on off switch (aka goatboy style) will result in poorer economy.[/QUOTE]

NAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!! sat it aint sooo------:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
that is the strange thing about my truck the last time i tried to baby it for a tank to see what kind of mileage i could get it dropped to 13. i dont drive the hell out of it but i dont baby it either. in my opinion it was made to work so i dont let it sit on its ass and be lazy lol.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't notice anything but I think my ip and the like needs a (freshening up) been tracking ebay and the like crazy stile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online