Found a 94 12 valve today

Whit

Reaction score
30 miles down the road they are advertising a 94 4x4 with Cummins,142 k miles, standard cab long box, new manual tranny, asking 6500 obo............think I will give em a call and take a looksie at it...................this would be a great candidate for my project in mind:eek:

I think the price is fair but need to look at it to see how much it was abused

Cheers, Kevin

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
There ya go! Then add an HT3B, EDM mach 6's, and a #0 or #100 plate, A clutch too I suppose, and some other little hardware items....It's ready for anything!

Whit

Reaction score
Called him last night, he said he lost 5th gear in the tranny so he had a shop put in new tranny and a clutch too, he also said he had a wreck around 100k and had to rebuild the front end 6000 bucks worth, the truck was totaled by his insurance company so he bought it back and it has a salvage title, I will look it over real good, prolly have him drive it too so I can follow behind and see if it tracks good, check tire wear too for indications of bent frame, hope it was put back together good. They totaled it cuz it would cost more to fix than the truck was worth.

Last edited:

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine a couple years ago. I rear ended someone and my big front bumper pushed into the oil cooler, AC condenser, intercooler, and radiator. In a way it was a good thing, I now have a new intercooler plus all the other junk, also replaced the hood that had a few chips in it. My damage was about 5500, not totalled though. They told me they had to test drive it a few times to make sure it was ok.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• dodgefrontbumper81204.jpg
    dodgefrontbumper81204.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 51

Whit

Reaction score
Well I bought the truck :D wont have possion for a couple weeks, he still ows a grand on it, then he will get title, his dad co-signed and is in Montana so title will go there first then we can close the deal, I gave him earnst money .

Truck actuly was impressive, no damage visible from the previous wreck other that a small crack in a cab mount, truck aint been bombed a bit, mechanically sound, the bed has a few dinggers in it but the body dont matter to me as it will be comming off and sold. I have a full plate for the next year atleast with projects so my son will have the truck till I is ready to tear into it.

Cheers, Kevin

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
;Sweet ;Sweet

Nice! I was thinking of buying a wrecked 12V to slap another body on. I was thinking of a pro-street like deal with a 65-66 F-100 body.:love:

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Good deal Kev!
You might wanna tab that KDP and tighten down all the gear case bolts while yer in there. 18 ft lbs last I remember, but you might wanna check a manual. Call Piers. I think he can send you the two gaskets and a tab. I still have the directions here somewhere. I also bought about 12 of them special bolts when I did mine. I gave them to Richard, but he might still have a few laying around. The '94's have the 160 pump so it'll be a bit more work to make tons of HP, but it's still very doable.