Ford Guy Lookin For A New Ride!

Gr8ride

Reaction score
I am thinking about purchasing a 04-06 dodge 3500 cummins crew cab dually, I haven't decided whether I want the auto or manual (leaning towards the manual). I need to know the horse power and torque ratings for the auto and the manual for each year. I have looked all over the place for this info and get a different answer each time, so hopefully you guys can help me out here.
Also, because I am a ford guy I don't know a whole lot about the 04-06 dodges, so any info you can throw my way about these trucks would be great.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04.5 and newer had a better auto trans (48re) and a better turbocharger (HE351). 04.5 and newer also had more power and torque (325/610 (all trans), as compared to 305/555 (HO only manual)) 04.5 and 05 trucks were originally 325/600 but I have been told by reputable people that the reflash made all these trucks 325/610 just like the newer trucks.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will also add, that I have pulled the same loads now with my 04.5 Dodge 5.9L 4x4 Auto, as I did with my 04 Ford SuperDuty 6.0L 4x4 6SPD, and the cummins motor handles the load a lot differently than the Powerstroke did. On the interstate with the same load on the same hills I lose less speed without having to downshift. There were many hills that with the PowerStroke, I had to downshift to get the RPMs up to hold speed, but on the same hills the Cummins doesn't lose RPMs and the trans just doesn't have to downshift and it holds speed much better, it also gets slightly better fuel economy than my ford did while loaded, even with the auto trans.
The only thing that worries me about the auto is that I don't know how it would handle the really big loads, and I mean over 30K, which the ford handled fine, but I rarely ever have the kind of load behind the truck so I will probably never have to worry about it again anyway, I just like knowing I have the capability if the need arises. The last couple times weren't planned I just had a buddy who had truck problems and I had to go pick him up on the side of the road and tow his load for him.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your not a Ford guy. ;Really

:fight:

Your just a traitor.

:moon:

LOL

Black dawg

Reaction score
saw a repair bill for lift pump and injector replacement. 4500.00 for stock stuff.

coxid

Reaction score
If you are still interested in a Dodge/Cummins, log onto
turbodieselregister.com even better suscribe to it that way you can post/reply to their forums.

It is a magazine devoted to D/C

May you have fair winds and following seas!

Richars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86