F350 to f250

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The have bolt on kits. Far as I know a 2005 has a bolt on it. He could just de-rivit the ttb and bolt on to the f350.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rockwell swap. Done, and get to roll 54" tires.

Ok you got some options.

Leaf sprung d60 from another f350

Coil spring d60 swap from a 2005+ truck

Swap to the d50? The frame mounts are there, just need the brackets.

Leaf sprung super duty d50/60

I recommend a reverse shackle swap and the 99-04 super duty axles. YES they are unit bearings, YES the lug pattern is different, but think of what you can do with a sterling 10.5 swap and all that braking power... Sky's Manufacturing sells rsk kits for pretty much any axle under and frame, ever 2wd/f150 leaf spring swaps.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
wouldn the holes for the ttb brackets be in the crossmember already.
spring shackle and mounts are the same any how as are the shock towers, may have to change the 350 rear blocks out for a set of 250 ones.
seems to me should be a simple swap

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally think a frame swap would be easier. I wouldn't think (but don't know) the TTB bracket holes would be in the frame already. I myself would be afraid that I'd get something aligned wrong and have issues, but that's because I have chit luck lol.

I'd think you'd have to pull the motor and front clip just to swap the TTB anyway, then you're halfway to a frame swap anyway.

If you're not worried about measuring everything carefully and drilling the dozen or so holes (just a guess) then I don't see why you couldn't swap the TTB in.

Of course the EASY way would be to find a solid axle to put in, but that costs extra.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How in the world does anyone put a lift kit under a f250? To put the lift brackets in they have to swap the frames or pull the engine? I have new respect for all the lifted ttb f250's I see running around.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from my perspective the TTB swap would be the easiest (what he wants to do anyway). it should bolt right up with a few bracket swaps.

if the trucks are rusty at all a cab or frame swap wont be all that easy if you only have a yard and a few tools.

the only way it can be easier is if you have a lift of some kind, torches, lots of hardware and big tools to persuade it apart. even then it can still be a PITA.

SebastIDIan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or you could sell both of these truck and buy one complete truck:dunno

I agree. In my experience it saves a million headaches and pennies.

He mentioned he rather have it "built not bought" so if he really really wants it that way I'd do as Macrobb said.

[edited wrong info out to avoid confusion]

Nothing wrong with the TTB itself. Problems arise when people hack-a-lift to fit *****'d tires on.

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swapping in the F250 FRONT TTB iis a direct bolt in swap. You need to remove all brackets but they do bolt into the F350. There may...MAY be a hole to drill or two but it is direct swap fod most part.

Dont forget pitman arm to keep stsering geometry correct.

JM7.3CW Eh!

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Are the holes already drilled in the engine crossmember for the shorter D50 and D44HD TTB pivot brackets? I don't ever remember seeing these holes in a 2wd or 1/2 ton D44 TTB crossmember.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the holes already drilled in the engine crossmember for the shorter D50 and D44HD TTB pivot brackets? I don't ever remember seeing these holes in a 2wd or 1/2 ton D44 TTB crossmember.

He is not doing anything with a f150. He is messing with a f250/350. Did they put the ttb holes in a f350 crossmember? I don't know, I guess he needs to crawl under the f350 that does not have a axle and look. We all would like to know.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swapping in the F250 FRONT TTB iis a direct bolt in swap. You need to remove all brackets but they do bolt into the F350. There may...MAY be a hole to drill or two but it is direct swap fod most part.

Dont forget pitman arm to keep stsering geometry correct.

JM7.3CW Eh!

There we go.It took 25 posts but there it is.A direct answer.:D
I couldn't understand for the life of me why this wouldn't be the case.

Now I wanna see what happens when someone asks how to swap an E4OD auto in place of a ZF5 manual!:D

:popcorn

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you may also have to put the f250 front springs under the f350 and the pitman arm and possible the steering geer box as well. As he mentioned keeping the geometry of ttb steering is important, I lifted a f150 6-8 inches before and we didn't have the proper pitman arm and he ended up rolling it off the side of a logging road(I warned him many times that it was a major issue needing to be addressed but he wanted to drive it anyway) severe bump steer was the cause. It can be done I believe you will need some good strong bolts to attach the ttb to your frame and you'll likely have a couple rivets to grind off but I don't see why you couldn't get it done with minimal parts buying

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
He is not doing anything with a f150. He is messing with a f250/350. Did they put the ttb holes in a f350 crossmember? I don't know, I guess he needs to crawl under the f350 that does not have a axle and look. We all would like to know.

I never remember seeing holes for 3/4 ton TTB brackets on any crossmember in a truck that didn't come with a 3/4 ton TTB. 2wd TIB and 1/2 ton TTB brackets are in the same locations, 3/4 ton TTB brackets are further out due to the stubbier axle arms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88