DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
'89 model, F-150 custom
inline 300/6 engine
white reg cab, longbed
156k miles on it
c6 tranny

great truck, It carried me through my business for 5 years... got a diesel recently due to needing a 3/4ton truck.
F-150 hasn't ever needed any major work, mostly accesory replacement, alternator/starter etc.

$1,500

I'll probably list it on ebay in the next week or so, but I'd rather offer it to someone that actually knows the value of such a truck.

if interested email or pm me, I can send some pictures.
thanks
Drew

Ggg

Reaction score
If you were closer I would buy it. I have a 89 F150 300/6 5 spd 4x4 w/almost 300k on the original clutch and hi perf engine it is a great truck as well. It is the only gas engine I would consider buying.

Last edited:

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
well, I about decided to keep it anyway.
for the cash involved I might as well keep it as a 'spare' case the big truck breaks down.

but yeah, the 300/6 is a great truck engine, and these older ones are simple, tho it is an EFI which is the only problem I've ever had with the truck, you know tfi burn up or something similiar.

dp

Ggg

Reaction score
I have never had any problems with my EFI, in fact I preffer it over the carb version of the same engine.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
not saying it was a bad thing.... electrical ignition problems were the only thing that ever grounded her.

either way, still on the fence, isn't it always that way with old trucks? she never lets you down in 6 years and at the end of the day your trying to trade her for a turbo :)
I just hate seeing it sit in the field.... the I6 was meant to be pulling things.

Ggg

Reaction score
I only replaced the water pump and alternator, besides regular maint.
I got a bug up somewhere and decided to soup it up a little early on in its life. I bored it .060, forged Keith Black pistons, milled the head so comp ratio is now 10.25:1, port matched the intake manifold and header, cam, and a big block clutch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70