E4od tranny help!!!

MaintenanceGuy

Reaction score
Turn signals work, brake lights work, emergency flasher does not. I can't get the switch to pull up. I'll check this out. Thanks again for all the responses!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the hazard switch is on,the converter doesn't lock.So if that switch is faulty,perhaps something is going on there then.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Ok so.. obviously I completely forgot I posted this on here and I haven't received any notifications that everyone had posted on this thread. Thank you for all your input!!! I will change my bulbs tomorrow! And see if that does it. I will post updates!!! Thanks again to EVERYONE!!!

One update I have,

I've noticed when I push the throttle to the floor.. it will shift from 1.....2.....3,4.........................OD.

I hope that makes sense?

Solenoid maybe? Or clogged filter? Or should I just take it to a transmission shop lol

4th is OD. The long delay is the converter locking up. This is normal for an E4OD.

MaintenanceGuy

Reaction score
Ok, so it's a 3 speed with OD? That makes more sense. I'm gonna dig into the hazard switch and the turn signal switch when I have time. I'll post updates! Y'all are awesome!

pwrfool

Reaction score
To both posters,

The TECA (transmission computer) passes a small current through the brake light circuit. If the filaments in the bulb short, it confuses the computer. I would replace the bulbs, snd make sure the 3rd brake light (if equipped) is working. Also, LED "bulbs" cause problems also...... Simplest thing first, replace the bulbs...... If that doesn't fix it... Then we can peruse other troubleshooting.

Any tips on the LED bulb issues? Recently changed the tail lights to round led, now the rear abs light is on and I noticed the tranny will shift up if I let off the throttle a little.