Dyno graphs: Moose pump & Moose injectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha, davids getting ready to set the land speed record for an IDI.

Im surprised that banks was so helpful when you were purchasing your turbo. From everything i have heard they really don't care about these old IDI's. Im glad to hear that someone there still cares.

6.9power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys know that ATS makes an aurora 3000 turbo that will bolt in place of the the old ats systems for like $1600? That should be a pretty good upgrade in airflow.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can someone throw the pics on photobucket or something... ty :D

nice numbers! I'd be plenty satiated if i could get 200-250hp and 4-500 torque :0

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys know that ATS makes an aurora 3000 turbo that will bolt in place of the the old ats systems for like $1600? That should be a pretty good upgrade in airflow.

I should have looked at that turbo at their booth at the TS Outlaw Event. I walked by there like 6 times.:D I had plenty of time to kill waiting over 6 hours to make my dyno pulls. I spent a decent amount of time at the Columus Diesel booth talking about fuel and turbos for the DT466 project.:sly

I'll look at it on their website and see what info they have there.

Heath

6.9power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think they have anything about it on their website. But I have heard people have called them and they have confirmed having an aurora 3000 to fit the idi. Also if any of you get diesel power magazine, look at the ad ATS has in there on the aurora 3000, it lists one for a 7.3 idi.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well there's been alot of interesting research going on around here lately that I've mostly been missing out on due to lack of time. I just wanted to say nice work and thanks for sharing your findings with the rest of us.

FX4 Level2

NEEDS A DIESEL
Reaction score
You know what? I don't care how many hundred of horsepower the PSD, Duramax and 12 valvers can make, I am proud to own an IDI.

The noise these things make at WOT (even if it's only 150 RWHP N/A) sings a song of American muscle heritage. I've had people ask me if I had a 390 4 barrel, a 460 big block or even a stroker 351 under the hood.....and they all look at me nuts when I tell them it's a diesel....until I pop the hood lol. Even then, people ask me where my turbo is...or even where my carb is LOL.

With people like Agnem, Typ4....and who could forget Dyoung14 LOL doing upgrades, injectors and high RPM runs...I am proud to own one of the best, most reliable and fuel efficient engines in the Ford and International Harvester history books.

With the MOOSE fuel upgrades and the camshaft that Typ4 has posted about before...who wouldn't want an IDI in their truck?

I gotta say, to ALL members of oilburners.net...especially the IDI owners, we are part of a dying breed. Gone are the glory days of the IDI's, full mechanical's and rotary pump engines. The new 6.7 scorpion should be a reminder of that.

With this half buzzed up rant coming to an end, I raise my glass high and say this.....kiss my @$$ is you don't like my International Harvester!

MADE MY DAY MAN! KUDOS! I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So all the engine had was moose pump/injectors, and banks turbo - was it stock settings or did you peg the PSI up a bit?

How much would ceramic coating and teflon help or has anyone done that? I've got some spare money right now for once and I was gonna do an overhaul including better inejctors, pump or rebuild it, studs, cam grind, etc ;Really

Last edited:

Brutis

Work in Progress
Reaction score
Im surprised that banks was so helpful when you were purchasing your turbo. From everything i have heard they really don't care about these old IDI's. Im glad to hear that someone there still cares.

Banks has been good over the phone every time I've talked to them. I always talk to Mitch. He actually seems pretty knowledgable about our IDIs. I agree with Heath about ATS not having good customer service though. I had originally planed on getting a Banks kit, but ended up with a factory turbo kit - planning to swap the turbo itself with something much better later.

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and the camshaft that Typ4 has posted about before...who wouldn't want an IDI in their truck?...

Could somebody elaborate on this a bit for me, or post a link to the thread?
I've been gone for a while and been outa the loop.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Russ (Typ4) sells a reground cam, at what I believe to be a pretty reasonable price. I haven't had one, but I think you send him your core, and he will send it back reground to make better h.p. and torque numbers. I'm not sure of the gains but some will chime in with their results. It's become pretty common knowledge that the cam is great and Russ is a great guy to deal with.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think THIS thread is the one that started things off with the reground cam.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha we all know what a hunk of crap that is....5 HP? From the rally dyno #s last year it seems that most NA IDI engines are going to throw down around 125-140 and most turbo IDIs will be around 160-180 at the wheels multiply that by 1.3 to get fair ratings compared to that brochure...IE horsepower at the crank.

Status
Not open for further replies.