Dyno graphs: Moose pump & Moose injectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
how much does just the moose injectors add? i may need a set.... :sly i'm putting the scout on the rollers at the all truck nationals at carlisle this summer. i'll have to take a road trip beforehand to have mel time my I/P. ;Sweet

-Jon

1994IDI

Reaction score
You said it! ;Sweet. I wouldn't trade my IDI for any other vehicle on the planet period.:yell:

I saw a commercial the other night where, sitting at a red light; all of the drivers that were stopped, exited their vehicles and ran to other peoples cars. Only to get in and drive away in someone elses car. Then the Narrator comes over and says something to the effect of, "If you could drive any car you wanted, would it be the one you have?"

At the same time, my wife declared "Hell No!", while I gave a passionate "Hell Yes!" She wasn't surprised at my answer, as she knows how I feel about the old truck. But our simultaneous answers did get a chuckle out of both of us.

-Rambling finished.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for the record, I did NOT make this a sticky. Will the guilty party please step forward. ;Really

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heath did you have any smoke during the Dyno runs?

Rolled coal from the moment David put his foot to the floor to the time he lifted it at the end of each pull. Not a black out the sun kind of smoke some of the trucks spewed out on the dyno, but she's got plenty of fuel. Just need a better turbo to get rid of all that smoke.:sly:D

Heath

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heath,

That makes sense looking at the dyno graph. A flat powerband that like would make me think that there is some limiting factor. Following the curve, if you can get enough air into it, im thinking you could be making close to 250 RWHP. Im not sure how much boost that would need, but im sure that would put you over 500 ft/lbs of torque.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Heath,

That makes sense looking at the dyno graph. A flat powerband that like would make me think that there is some limiting factor. Following the curve, if you can get enough air into it, im thinking you could be making close to 250 RWHP. Im not sure how much boost that would need, but im sure that would put you over 500 ft/lbs of torque.

Now those numbers should make ya happy.-Drool I can't say they are unattainable numbers. Heath is studding his next motor.;Poke Who knows?;Really
Heath,
It seems the Banks sidewinder has a following. One of the reasons I bought the logger is because it had the ATS already on it and I did not want to buy a truck and have to live without a turbo. I am assuming the ATS will serve me well as 14psi of boost with my current setup seems pretty good. Did you go with the Banks for a particular reason?

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure that the banks turbo has a following, i think it was just a popular upgrade. Its getting harder to get parts for the banks setups. If i was going to build a new turbo system i would run a hypermax turbo system but with a turbo off a DT466 or a first gen PSD turbo.

I look forward to seeing what happens with this.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The flat Hp curve makes me wonder too what sort of gains are still possible. My guess is that engine needs a lot more air. As I said before the stock turbos for them are sadly lacking.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
With a torque cam and better turbo...I think a good 20hp gain would be real easy, probably more than that ;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heath,
Did you go with the Banks for a particular reason?

Yeah. I looked at the three kits available. I knew I wanted a wastegated turbo to reduce lag so the Hypermax was out. I called and talked with the folks and Banks and at ATS before I made up my mind. The ATS guy was a tool and a jerk. The Banks guy (Thomas) was very nice and didn't try to "sell" me anything, just gave me info and answered my questions. The fact that the ATS rep was a ****** and the Banks kit having every single thing I'd need (turbo, gauges, exhaust, everything), I went with Banks. I've had a great result with it and I'm putting one on the crew cab soon.

Heath

Status
Not open for further replies.