Dyno graphs: Moose pump & Moose injectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still can't get over those torque numbers. What I am really surprised by however, is the nearly flat horsepower curve. Peak horsepower at only 2300 RPM? Holy S&%*!!

Man, it would be killer to see a turbo boost curve to go with it.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
You know what? I don't care how many hundred of horsepower the PSD, Duramax and 12 valvers can make, I am proud to own an IDI.

The noise these things make at WOT (even if it's only 150 RWHP N/A) sings a song of American muscle heritage. I've had people ask me if I had a 390 4 barrel, a 460 big block or even a stroker 351 under the hood.....and they all look at me nuts when I tell them it's a diesel....until I pop the hood lol. Even then, people ask me where my turbo is...or even where my carb is LOL.

With people like Agnem, Typ4....and who could forget Dyoung14 LOL doing upgrades, injectors and high RPM runs...I am proud to own one of the best, most reliable and fuel efficient engines in the Ford and International Harvester history books.

With the MOOSE fuel upgrades and the camshaft that Typ4 has posted about before...who wouldn't want an IDI in their truck?

I gotta say, to ALL members of oilburners.net...especially the IDI owners, we are part of a dying breed. Gone are the glory days of the IDI's, full mechanical's and rotary pump engines. The new 6.7 scorpion should be a reminder of that.

With this half buzzed up rant coming to an end, I raise my glass high and say this.....kiss my @$$ is you don't like my International Harvester!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I may be part of a dying breed, but I have no intention of fading away peacfully:shoot::fight:-Flame Thr:peelout

Who's with me?

That is a BIG 10 4 on the not goin down peacefully!! I will proudly park my truck beside a $60 000 truck and think nothing of it!

If anyone makes a comment about my truck looking like hell....I just tell them "get your ass kicked for 17 years flat out and, some back looking better than my truck and I'll walk away with my head hung in shame.."

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've already seen plenty of newer trucks that died while mine is still going 24 years on. Being easy to service really helps but its still a reliable, and simple engine by design. What will happen to powerstrokes when they discontinue production of that cam position sensor? LOL

Ok, low blow but I think you get my meaning.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya my idi got 450k on the motor and still running strong its been neglected till i got it and its still a beast ive out ran a lot of stuff i didnt think i could and everyone asks wahts under the hood or how it tows so steady new trucks tow fast but have them tow 70mph at redline for 6k and they wont like it the idi will

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Man is there things for me to relate to here. Had the 390 4bbl. $500 '74 f100 4x4 put 100,000 miles on it, ran early '90's Mustangs on 35" BFG Muds, got 12 mpg, rockin' gasser. Only one I would ever put money into again.

Typ4 cam is on its way to my house as we read and type.:sly

Yes I am proud of my IDI Ford combo. The best out there. I have a rep for going through trucks, the Logger is here to stay. Nobody with a new truck would dare to pull a 22,000lb trailer like I do. Scared half to death they are.LOLLOL Our vintage trucks are like an old pair of Vise Grips, just gets tougher as the rust accumilates on them.;Sweet:hail

Heath, you give us reason to turn up these motors. I'd love to see how your truck yanks a trailer along. I'm guessing high compression yeilds the impressive torque numbers. I like it!!;Sweet;Sweet

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I an also impressed with the horsepower curve as that thing is flat! Compare that to a stock or fairly stock 12 valver and I bet our curve is a lot flatter....even if it does make less

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to admit, I'm even impressed with torque over 450. That sounds like MODERN power. ;Sweet Naturally, I'll have to amend my "sales add" in the marketplace with a link to this thread. Thanks for the free advertisement Heath. LOL

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbo and tweaked DB2 pump. If you were to put a N/A truck on the dybo your HP would be in the 130-150 rwhp range which makes sense for a truck that made 175-185 at the crank as advertised by Ford when they were new. I really want a dyno run with mine, no possible way I'm close to Heath's truck but then the money and time invested is much less. I'm never wanting for power though, I was almost happy with it as a NA and the turbo really found some more ponies. I'd be lucky if mine was 200 at the crank and maybe 160-170 at the wheels. I sorta suspect I'd be in that range.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Turbo and tweaked DB2 pump. If you were to put a N/A truck on the dybo your HP would be in the 130-150 rwhp range which makes sense for a truck that made 175-185 at the crank as advertised by Ford when they were new. I really want a dyno run with mine, no possible way I'm close to Heath's truck but then the money and time invested is much less. I'm never wanting for power though, I was almost happy with it as a NA and the turbo really found some more ponies. I'd be lucky if mine was 200 at the crank and maybe 160-170 at the wheels. I sorta suspect I'd be in that range.

So...... by what i am reading is that a turbo is only good for 30hp?:rotflmao

sootman73

Reaction score
That is a BIG 10 4 on the not goin down peacefully!! I will proudly park my truck beside a $60 000 truck and think nothing of it!

I drove on eof those new diesels the other day at work. they drive like a car. actually my mercedes steering wheel is still stiffer to turn than that truck. it sure was a nice ride but honestly i wasn't too impressed by it. my truck really isn't that much slower to 70 than that one.....:dunno of course i'm sure it shines in towing and higher speed accelearation but oh well. not often i pass someone at 90mph!:confused:

but..... it does do a great burnout! LOL(well if the traction control is off)cookoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VWAudiFord

Members online