Durango Hemi

Jumper

Reaction score
How fast is the new Durango Hemi? I haven't even seen one yet. I heard they were fast.

BigSix

Reaction score
Wife and I stopped by to look at them. We have an '01 Durango SLT Plus with a 4.7 V8, auto and 3.55 rear end. It flat hauls ass for a stock SUV and small V8. I can only imagine the HEMI powered Durango would be pretty quick! We didn't drive one. Not too sure about the new look yet but it's growing on us.

Stoked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the fact they look more like the Ram than the Dakota. My wife and I were considering one for her until we came across a smoking hot deal on an 02 Suburban.

B

Big K

Originally posted by BigSix
. We have an '01 Durango SLT Plus with a 4.7 V8, auto and 3.55 rear end. It flat hauls ass for a stock SUV and small V8. I can only imagine the HEMI powered Durango would be pretty quick! Not too sure about the new look yet but it's growing on us.

Same here. Unfortunately, my wife racks up a lot of miles. '01 @ 75k+ right now:( Fuel economy leaves a bit to be desired. Hemi might be worse:confused:

Either way, gonna need something else in a couple of years. Is the 4bt available in a DC product soon?:rolleyes: (please DC) She drove a Jetta diesel the other day, won't have any of that, even @ 50 mpg.

Gotta keep her happy, though, cause it's gonna cost me one way or the other.;)

BigSix

Reaction score
I decided to quit worrying about mileage with the Durango. It only gets 12mpg in city traffic short trips but gets 20mpg consistantly on trips with the cruise set on 70mph. My truck gets 17~ in town at 19hwy. I think we spend way too much time fretting about mileage when we enjoy driving our hogs so much. I don't want one of those little tiny fuel sippers either. The time may come when we have to drive one. Not now...

JR2

Reaction score
The wife test drove (I rode along with the salesman in the back seat) one of the new HEMI durangos about three weeks ago. The weather conditions where crappy with a bunch of snow on the road but the wife still did a couple of spped tests. I was impressed. The truck has some pep and with the 4x4 engaged it did real well when she was not spining the tires. Overall it is my choice for her new truck although she really does not like interior. The big selling point for me is that it has side impact air bags all the way back to the third row seating.

Just a side note, I liked the durango more than the H2, Denali Youkon XL, Esclade or Surban that we drove.

I also like the new ad with the father getting his kid to say "HEMI". The whole reason for th wifes new truck is that there is a little one on the way and I want my kid (read Boy) to say HEMI. :D

BigSix

Reaction score
My friend with a 2500 qc Hemi has his 10yr old all revved up about his dad's Hemi. It's a nice truck. I wouldn't mind having it if it weren't for the Cummins.:cool

murfman

Reaction score
I drove a Hemi Durango, and was not impressed. The 6.0 Denali seems way faster, and is way heavier with less HP? The 325/600 on the other hand...

dodgeman01

TOWN DRUNK
Reaction score
I was walking through my friends dad's lot the other day. He had a 04 sitting right next to an 03 and I could not believe the difference. The 04 is a lot bigger. Going back today just for kicks and I'm going to drive them both just to see how they drive. One is the hemi and the other in the 360 RT.
DM01