DTC P2285 Injector Control Pressure Sensor Circuit Low

mikedean

Reaction score
I am getting the DTC P2285 Injector Control Pressure Sensor Circuit Low, on start up sometimes with a surging idle. I have to restart and seems to run fine after that. If I let the engine sit overnight, same thing. I have not checked the obvious yet, like oil level etc. Any ideas on what check to do? Does this sound like the ICP sensor ir could it be ICP regulator? Thanks.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the fix is as simple as that.

mikedean

Reaction score
Yep. Took a little longer than I expected but I replaced it last night. Pigtail had oil in it and sensor was leaking. Voltage is a little higher now pre start so I think that is why it was throwing the code.

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok cool was just making sure you got it taken care of. Was your ICP sensor at the back of the motor under the turbo?

mikedean

Reaction score
Yep, probably the worst spot possible. Removing the heat shield from the bottom is the way to go. I didn't disconnect the front drive shaft but that would have made it a little easier. I removed the FICM, air cleaner and expansion tank to get to the pigtail.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your slick you can do the pigtail with everything in but its a real PITA

that sensor placement was such a dumb idea, it made things so much better once they put it up on the oil rail

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online

No members online now.