Door Lock Relay

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where the H--- did Ferd hide that damn relay, I can hear it but I can't see or feel it anywhere.

All 4 actuators sound like they want to work but don't have enough juice to do it and nothing is jamming them inside the doors.

Oh and she's starting and running great on the new injectors, couldn't be happier.

Started ****** the 'All American' and getting her ready to sell, switching some of my goodies to the new truck.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
relay, what relay, as far as I know the gem module activates the locks.
Funny was just talke\ing to a customer with an 00 Xcursion.
had same problem.
problem is the lock actuators are not heavy enough.
can try a frod gem reflash to send moprte juice, but probably wont work.
only true fix is new FORD actuators, they have updated them.
Nick

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nick,

There is a relay or something that sure sounds like one under the dash everytime I hit the key fob or door switch, (3 total I beleive if my Haynes wiring diagram is correct), under the dash somewhere near the radio. Ford has them for about $12.

Ford mech and supervisor don't know about the relay either.

From what I understand from reading several articles and talking to the mechanic and shop manager is the actuators are usually the problem and are notorious for failing in the SD & Excursion, quite often all at about the same time too and at $70 each it's a little spendy.

Think I'm gonna leave it be for now and move to the next project on my never ending "to do" list.:rotflmao :rotflmao :cry:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine only acts up from the drivers door " want lock" ,unlocks fine, its a 94 Dooley could this be just the switch at the door ? cookoo

Id say yes, on our early trucks the switches at the door liked to get dirty contacts, you can take the switch apart and clean the contacts and it will probably begin to work again.;Sweet

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine only acts up from the drivers door " want lock" ,unlocks fine, its a 94 Dooley could this be just the switch at the door ? cookoo

probably a broken wire in the door.if all doors wont lock open up the boot in the door jamb and look for a broken wire.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took switch apart on the drivers door and readjusted the contact's and it works fine now .;Sweet

Cool, I'm leaving mine alone until I get ready to paint it and shave the door handles. Won't be any more problems with factory actuators when I get done.:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Staff online