Cummins swap

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going with the stock dodge trans, what kinda motor mounts will I need to get?

You are best to fabricate the engine-mounts yourself.

Get a pair of urethane leaf-spring bushings.

Find some heavy-wall pipe that the spring bushings fit snugly inside.

These become the vibration isolaters and the rest is simple welding.
:)

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
the 460 mount rubber part attaches to the frame then you build the motor mount plates from that.

SD70Ace

Big yellow Diesels
Reaction score
You are best to fabricate the engine-mounts yourself.

Get a pair of urethane leaf-spring bushings.

Find some heavy-wall pipe that the spring bushings fit snugly inside.

These become the vibration isolaters and the rest is simple welding.
:)

Ive given up on making my own motor mounts.Since my fabriacateing skills aint the best in the world :dunno. Before I haul off the D250, Is there anything else I need to pull off that truck? I removed the engine,trans,trans crossmember and a couple of brakets for the foot feeder.I called beloved autoworld that supplies destroked with their parts. She quoted me the prices for alternatior,AC compressor brakets and someother stuff. Has anyone used them before? Midnight menitoned installing a 2inch body lift. The gal told me I dont need to move anything around but Im like heck, I dont know if she knows she talking about. :confused: Any ways, using the getrag trans in a Ford (update, now have a 1986 F350 2wd instead of F250 4x4) and have a speedo? More questions to follow.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
id love to learn more about swapping a cummins in with a getrag. and any cheap tricks. im sure i could build engine mounts but id rather trust some R&D and just lay the cash down. also i think you can swap a dodge np205 input shaft into a ford to match the getrag or nv4500. id love to know how close a getrag shifter is to a zf.