Cruise and high idle do not work and I don't have a cab brake light

rjglenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a 2005 F350, it is a cab & chassis 4x4 standard diesel It does not have, nor has it ever had the third stop light up on the cab. I don't know what this truck was in it's former life, where the third light would normally be there is a piece of black plastic. Maybe it used to be a box truck, but now it's a flat bed.

Now that we have chased that rabbit around, here's my question. My cruise control does not work at all. It has a cruise control steering wheel, the backlights for the buttons work and the horn works, but no cruise. Lots of places on the net discuss a test mode, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Applying 12 VDC to the purple/green wire in the acc bundle does not result in a high idle either. Apparently one of the qualifiers is that the brake lights must be working. The brake lights do work, except for not having the stop light.

Anyone have a similar experience or any ideas.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I know some vehicles had to have the computer flashed for high idle to work (duramax).

But being as the cruise wheel is there, that should at least be working.

I'll see if I can dig anything up.
No abs or brake light on?
Horn work?
Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rjglenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No abs or brake light on, unless the parking brake is on, then the brake light is on. Horn works, the backlights on the steering wheel buttons work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online