converting bumperpull to gooseneck? possible?

912504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for an enclosed trailer for pulling around my Jeep and dirtbikes to and from the woods. I really really want a gooseneck :love: :love: but all I can find in my price range right now are bumperpull stuff 24 ft. 26 ft 28 ft $3000-$4500
Is there any chance I can convert a bumperpull to a gooseneck for less than $1000 ?
Every goose I have found is running in the $6000-$15000+ range and thats too much moolah for me to spend on one right now unless I plan to live in it ;Sweet .

Somebody out there has done this before I bet. :Sly

Anyhow, post up your thoughts about this either way.
Thanks, Eric

bigdraft

Strokin..Not ******
Reaction score
Roland_Jenkins said:
Click here Anything is possible if ya throw enough money at it. In this case its fairly reasonable.

go thru the HH Trailer Girls of Iowa section....some damn good looking corn fed country girls in there.............

kevin

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
I've seen a few converted trailers. Both directions. Even the ones done by professional shops ended up looking like exactly what it is: a cobbled up attempt at a cheap fix. The framework is so different, between bumper & goosenecks, that the conversion that looks good, and functions properly is going to cost buku bux.

H&H makes really nice trailers. The Pete dealer has a Speedloader MX, that they used to bring up some truck accessories. My only concern is that cheapo cherry picker ram. I've seen too many bargain basement cherry pickers, that were scrapped, because of a POS ram, and they were kept inside.

kenkillsr

Ken Kill Sr.
Reaction score
912504x4;
Being a late arrival, You've already figured out Your dilemna.
That said, I'll still add my two [2] cents worth.
There are several possible fixes, any one of which will fit Your profile.
#1: Buy a Fifth [5th] wheel trailer "Toyhauler. Not inexpensive, but You CAN live in it.
#2: Buy the Bumperpull "Toyhauler". Less expensive, but You can live in it.
#3: Buy a fifth [5th] wheel flatbed or car hauler.
#4: Buy a Bumperpull flatbed or carhauler, and get a "Pullrite" hitch. probably Your least expensive option.
JMHO
Ken Kill Sr.

Travis91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another cheap option is too buy a livestock trailer. we have a 1994 f250 4x4 and a 16 foot box GN featherlite stock trailer its aluminium and is about 3200 lbs empty. we have hauled everthing in it.

MMeier

Reaction score
Buddy of mine has/had a 30' GN for sale... was asking like $5k for it, I can see if still has it. Trailer is in California though, let me know if you are interested.;Sweet